Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Smmfh the Black community is FINISHED politically
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Smmfh the Black community is FINISHED politically

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: Sep 25 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 279775
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

To those of you whose ancestry in America goes back many generations, Did your parents talk to you about politics while growing up?
not really. We had too much going on
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 16 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 181415
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:46pm

Republicans want to win the next election so they are going to give in to any and all demands over the next four years.

 
Immigration reform is long overdue and really needs to happend. I don't see this as a major political "gain" for latinos.
 
Sure they will get you in line for citizenship which will take about years to complete and countless $$$.
 
I see latinos being feed the same bullsh*t as blacks, given just enough but never enough.
 
Citizenship is what latinos are looking for nada mas.
Back to Top
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 02 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 90952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Well there is a reason why ppl dont vote.
Poor ppl typically don't vote.

Also I need to look again but aren't our voting numbers getting better?

I expect a dip though in the next election


I gotta find the article again...but there was a great one comparing voting in the asian (includes korean, chinese, southeast asian, and pacific islander) community here in los angeles county vs. the black community. Apparently both communities have comparable numbers of people who can't vote (asians because of citizenship, blacks because of felony convictions). But the asian community is much smaller and still had much higher turnout even with the significant burden of language barriers. Which they were able to overcome because several asian-immigrant orgs worked in the communities for like a year before the election so that it wouldn't be an issue.

Black people, with no language barrier, and no citizenship barrier, basically just choose not to vote. It's shameful.
Back to Top
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Apr 05 2009
Location: TTT
Status: Offline
Points: 306036
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:


Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:


Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

its not about someone losing for us to win. its about political leverage which we don't have because we don't demand it. 



And us demanding it has nothing to do with how many latinos there are.

Case in point...the unfair crack/cocoaine laws. Because of our lack of interest in voting for local political seats (council, school board, state congress/senate, alderman, district attorney, controller, etc. etc.) we ended up with a set of sentencing laws that made huge swaths of our community felons who can never vote again. Why? Because the people who win the local seats become the people on the national stage (as senators, judges, governors, and presidential candidates).

We can't gain political leverage when most of our community can't vote or doesn't want to even though they have the ability. I recognize the influence of institutional racism and historical consequences of slavery but truth be told, we have done a lot of this to ourselves through the simple act of not voting when and where it matters. Voting on the local level is what makes change happen...it's the reason why Koreans do so well when they immigrate over here...its the reason why southeast asians are gaining traction where I live...and it's the reason why a lot of latino communities have prospered.

SMH gon with all that nonsense.

Just VOTING aint gon do sh*t. Because all Brothas gon do
is vote Democrat anyway, and these politicians KNOW IT. The biggest
reason the Black community aint got no influence is because we're in the
pocket of the Democratic party, and have been so for damn near 50
years.


You disagreed with her only to expand on exactly what you underlined. That's what when and where it matters meant...

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 04 2013 at 5:48pm
Back to Top
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 04 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 82255
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:47pm
i understand why black people vote with an allegiance. the democratic party is comfortable, like our little safe haven.  

its like the tie that binds us when together and any crab the dares to crawl out the overcrowded bucket is automatically against our cause. i get that. 

problem is, we don't even have a cause. the democratic party knows this and takes our votes for granted. if we start making demands they'll be forced to either put up or shut up only if we follow latinos political strategy and make them fight for our allegiance. 
Back to Top
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 30 2012
Location: STL
Status: Offline
Points: 65540
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:50pm
Bruh, if the majority of Black voters didn't come out for the Democratic party or voted Republican for just ONE election cycle, that sh*t would rattle the American system to the core.

Then all of a sudden you'll see politicians start taking Negroes seriously.
Back to Top
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 04 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 82255
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:52pm
I agree, MM. what the hell do we have to lose? Democrats aint doing sh*t for us anyway
Back to Top
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jul 02 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 90952
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

its not about someone losing for us to win. its about political leverage which we don't have because we don't demand it. 



And us demanding it has nothing to do with how many latinos there are.

Case in point...the unfair crack/cocoaine laws. Because of our lack of interest in voting for local political seats (council, school board, state congress/senate, alderman, district attorney, controller, etc. etc.) we ended up with a set of sentencing laws that made huge swaths of our community felons who can never vote again. Why? Because the people who win the local seats become the people on the national stage (as senators, judges, governors, and presidential candidates).

We can't gain political leverage when most of our community can't vote or doesn't want to even though they have the ability. I recognize the influence of institutional racism and historical consequences of slavery but truth be told, we have done a lot of this to ourselves through the simple act of not voting when and where it matters. Voting on the local level is what makes change happen...it's the reason why Koreans do so well when they immigrate over here...its the reason why southeast asians are gaining traction where I live...and it's the reason why a lot of latino communities have prospered.

SMH gon with all that nonsense.

Just VOTING aint gon do sh*t.
Because all Brothas gon do is vote Democrat anyway, and these politicians KNOW IT. The biggest reason the Black community aint got no influence is because we're in the pocket of the Democratic party, and have been so for damn near 50 years.


That mindset is why we're in this situation.

Bet if black people had turned out en masse to vote against the three strikes law here in ca when it was first proposed we wouldn't be dealing with the consequences of it years later after it had a chance to help along the destruction of our families and communities. Finally got rid of it, but that doesn't help those who were affected by it before now.

Voting actually does a lot. It shapes communities. But hey, don't vote and you get what we have now.

Another example, people want to complain about how young black boys are overrepresented in in the numbers of suspensions in public schools. Should've gotten out there and voted for school board members and superintendents and mayors who support less punitive consequences for behavioral issues.

Voting works for people who actually vote.
Back to Top
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Aug 16 2008
Status: Offline
Points: 181415
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Bruh, if the majority of Black voters didn't come out for the Democratic party or voted Republican for just ONE election cycle, that sh*t would rattle the American system to the core.

Then all of a sudden you'll see politicians start taking Negroes seriously.
 
I have to agree with you..Confused
 
Back to Top
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 30 2012
Location: STL
Status: Offline
Points: 65540
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

I agree, MM. what the hell do we have to lose? Democrats aint doing sh*t for us anyway

I like when we agree on sh*t. Handshake
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down