Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Smmfh the Black community is FINISHED politically
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smmfh the Black community is FINISHED politically

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I agree.

I don't necessarily think we need to out populate the latinos in order to do so.

"we?" aren't you a Posada like me? Geek

jr.
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:37pm
Well there is a reason why ppl dont vote.
Poor ppl typically don't vote.

Also I need to look again but aren't our voting numbers getting better?

I expect a dip though in the next election
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:39pm
To those of you whose ancestry in America goes back many generations, Did your parents talk to you about politics while growing up?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:39pm

If latinos wasn't the largest growing population in the US, we wouldn't be having this thread.

In this context I believe it's less about population which is established and will remain that way for a considerable length of time , and more about voting fluidity.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

To those of you whose ancestry in America goes back many generations, Did your parents talk to you about politics while growing up?

My parents like politics and always stressed the importance of voting but I grew up being taught by a lot of teachers and advisors connected to the civil rights movement .

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

I agree.

I don't necessarily think we need to out populate the latinos in order to do so.

"we?" aren't you a Posada like me? Geek

jr.

I like to keep my options open..Geek
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

my mom's a hardcore believer. she hasn't voted for a presidential candidate since Reagan

jr.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:42pm
We're having this conversation because both parties see the Latino vote along with its substantial numbers but its a vote that can be had .

That's not nearly the case with the black vote

Edited by jonesable - Jan 04 2013 at 5:42pm
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Ok you awoke Mid now what? You up to see the destruction? Or you got some suggestions?

Lamp

Damn right. I'm starting my self-imposed exile to the Caribbean when I'm 30. I'm almost ready to give up. To hell with these Brothas. No point in trying to free slaves that don't wanna leave the plantation.

As you can see right here in this thread, most Negroes aint trying to accept this message. Even if this message was sent to every Negro in this damn country, the response would be the same.

Unless there is some type of cataclysmic event that forces Blacks to come together, then everything is in vain.

But.....if my words can enlighten and free the mind of ONE brother or sister, then I have done my job. Ying Yang

Edited by Yardgirl - Jan 04 2013 at 5:45pm
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

its not about someone losing for us to win. its about political leverage which we don't have because we don't demand it. 

And us demanding it has nothing to do with how many latinos there are.

Case in point...the unfair crack/cocoaine laws. Because of our lack of interest in voting for local political seats (council, school board, state congress/senate, alderman, district attorney, controller, etc. etc.) we ended up with a set of sentencing laws that made huge swaths of our community felons who can never vote again. Why? Because the people who win the local seats become the people on the national stage (as senators, judges, governors, and presidential candidates).

We can't gain political leverage when most of our community can't vote or doesn't want to even though they have the ability. I recognize the influence of institutional racism and historical consequences of slavery but truth be told, we have done a lot of this to ourselves through the simple act of not voting when and where it matters. Voting on the local level is what makes change happen...it's the reason why Koreans do so well when they immigrate over here...its the reason why southeast asians are gaining traction where I live...and it's the reason why a lot of latino communities have prospered.

SMH gon with all that nonsense.

Just VOTING aint gon do sh*t. Because all Brothas gon do is vote Democrat anyway, and these politicians KNOW IT. The biggest reason the Black community aint got no influence is because we're in the pocket of the Democratic party, and have been so for damn near 50 years.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style