FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SMH @ the TSA

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMH @ the TSA
    Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:30pm
Soooo in the weave section there's many stories about getting weave checked at the airport. In order to avoid drama , I try to keep my hair and clothes airport friendly. So anywho. I'm flying back from visiting home. I co-washed with VO5 and put my little curly Afro in a puff and let it air dry. The woman who was checking border passes complimented my hair and asked how long I've been natural. I explained to her I'm texlaxed and its been almost a year. Then I keep it moving and put all my ish in the little boxes and go to the body scanner. The black TSA agent (who was also natural) gave me the go ahead. But the white TSA agent , who was some d white guy, told me that I have to stop. Then he proceeded to tell me that the other TSA agent needed to check my hair. . The black TSA agent looked pissed off at him and said "I told you she was good." Then looked at me and said "ma'am. I'm sorry. I don't need to check your hair. You passed the inspection ". I thanked her and kept it moving. They made such a scene. I was low key embarrassed.

Fin.
Sponsored Links

PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:30pm
My hair isn't long at all. About 5-6 inches.
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:09pm
They checked my scalp over the weekend too.  The lady tried to keep it light hearted.  Can't stop the racism.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:22pm
Wow that sucks,thank goodness the lady spoke up.
902sexxi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 902sexxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:44am
HugSo sorry you had to go through this. I think trained monkeys can do a better job than some of those ignorant TSA agents. I went through something similar, I had my hair washed and in neat cornrows, when another agent told a Black TSA agent she had to check my hair she groaned "oh GOD no!" all loud for everyone to hear. So distrubing.
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy Rotation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:07pm
i have def been checked. can't remember where i was coming from/going.  they went through my scalp and i just kept thinking about how filthy those fingers must have been.  i was in mini twists.

i kept thinking about how i used to rock wigs on the daily when i was transitioning.  how wack is it to be tsa-checked when rocking a half wig!?  everyone in the security line knows your hair biz!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic