Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

SMH... Leave country music to the white folk?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMH... Leave country music to the white folk?
    Posted: May 23 2013 at 1:31am
Darius Rucker (formerly of Hootie and the Blowfish has been getting racist tweets.White folk and their hatred, Will it ever stop? Funny how they have no problem appropriating and profiting off of every aspects of black culture, yet want to keep "their" country theirs, when it was never fully there in theirs and the first place, as we all know the influence of old time black performers on the genre to start with. Not a huge fan of the current sound of country but still, this is a slap in the face

Darius Rucker Responds To Racist Tweet: 'Is This 2013 Or 1913'

Country singer Darius Rucker questioned what century it is after receiving a racist tweet earlier this week.

The "Wagon Wheel" singer from South Carolina -- who just released his third studio album, "True Believer," on Tuesday -- was the target of a racist tweet from a user who thinks he should leave country music "to the white folk." The Grand Ole Opry member was left pretty astounded from the message Sunday.

The racist tweet and Rucker's response quickly made headlines, and one user asked why he would retweet such a hateful message, Yahoo! Music notes. "So the world can see them," the musician responded.

Rucker also discussed the act of racism in a May 21 interview with Rolling Stone.

"I was absolutely shocked," he said. "Sometimes people will say, 'You're not country,' and I know what that means, because they can't be talking about the music. But when somebody says to leave country music to the white folks, that is unbelievable to me... But that's life. That's something that I'm going to have to deal with the rest of my career, because I'm a black guy in country music and there are people who don't like that. But it's not going to make me quit."

Previously the frontman for 1990s rock band Hootie and the Blowfish, the 47-year-old made a foray into country music in 2008 with the single "Don't Think I Don't Think About It." Vibe magazine notes Rucker's transition has been hugely successful. He is the "biggest African-American country singer" since Charley Pride climbed the charts more than 40 years ago.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 23 2013 at 1:31am
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 1:42am
Hootiiiiiie!

Oh wait, he hated being called Hootie.

Dariuuuus! You got my support, boo!
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 1:45am
sadly, not surprised. 

i'm sure he knew what he was getting into with the genre and some its fan base. 

damn shame that people can't just let the man make music. 

don't like him, don't listen. it's that simple. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 1:57am
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

sadly, not surprised. 

i'm sure he knew what he was getting into with the genre and some its fan base. 

damn shame that people can't just let the man make music. 

don't like him, don't listen. it's that simple. 

Not surprised either but he has proven himself and made a name of himself in that genre. Crackas are hopeless
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:04am
Stupid and clueless. Country music has always had black musicians.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 2:56am
wait---shouldn't white ppl stop making country?
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:22am

Darius Rucker  and Wife

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 3:36am
^^^

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:37am
He has a white gf??

*puts cape back into the closet*
Queenbeeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Queenbeeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 4:58am
The very LEAST they could do is wikipedia the history/origin of country music before they start tweeting sh*t. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>