FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Small head problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small head problems
    Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 2:06pm
I made my u-part wig with 2 bundles and it is just too big for my head.  Does anyone have idea how to use less than 2 bundles to make a u-part wig?  When I try to do it, the wig has so many gaps and you can see the net.
Sponsored Links

miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 2:15pm
You can split the wefts, just make sure you seal them after.
ExotiqBeautii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExotiqBeautii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 2:58pm
I have two options, bot with using your own head instead of a mannequin head:
1. Make your upart wig doing the hot glue gun method by putting on a plastic shower cap and then add your stocking (or spandex) cap. this way, you know it will not be too big.

2. Put on your stocking or spandex cap, and sew on the tracks, but avoid your real hair so you're able to remove the cap after you've finished.

With these ways, you're able to get the true shape of your head, and know where the tracks will lay and how they'll look. You'll have more control over the process. It's difficult for me to do uparts as well, because I have a small head too. My circumference is 20", nape is between 3 1/2-4", ear to ear going across the top of my head is about 9", so trust me, I completely understand where you're coming from lol. I can't even use the small white foam mannequin heads, because the circumference is about an inch or two larger than my own. CryLOL
< ="UTF-8" ="chrome://hdv//hdv.js" ="application/">
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 5:21pm
The actual net is fine, but the hair is too much for me.  I look like a lion! haha.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 5:28pm
space out the wefts A LOT for the lower 3rd of your head. hope that you now what i mean. the top & crown 100% density, the ear to ear down, 70%.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2014 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

space out the wefts A LOT for the lower 3rd of your head. hope that you now what i mean. the top & crown 100% density, the ear to ear down, 70%.
TY.
I'll try that when I get the time.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 4:17pm
I have the opposite issue.
ilikewigs2014@gmail. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilikewigs2014@gmail. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 7:18pm
Hi Jess, 

Glad to get your information from the forum.
I think maybe i can help you to solve this problem.
While i need to know which kind of U-part wig you have made? Could you show me picture which could help me to offer some detailed useful suggestions.
And now, i have some general suggestions for you.
Firstly you could try the hair wefts to replace the hair bulk, because, hair weft is made by special machine, and the hair distribution is equality not huge, you can use them secure.
Secondly, you could try the finished wig, you could choose full lace wig, lace front wig, and capless wig. For you information, capless wig is cheaper than others, you can try. 
If you need to get other suggestion, you could email me : service@ishowigs.com or visit www.ishowigs.com

Hope you will get a brand appearance.
Cherry
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I have the opposite issue.
LOL! I also have naturally thin, fine hair so I have to have so much leave out to cover the damn track on the U-Part!  It's ridiculous.  I have to leave out hair starting from my hairline and ending damn near my ear/crown.

I have a small head with a small area of hair.  

Two packs is too damn much for this small peasy head. The volume!  IDK how people expect to fit 3 on this thing!  If I had three, I would look like Cousin It and Cowardly Lion's black baby.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2014 at 2:41pm
I liked the Upart Idea in theory but hated it once I had one, I ended up sewing a closure on mine. It was too much work for me.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>