FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sloped Head- Advice?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ragincajin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sloped Head- Advice?
    Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:11pm
Hi Ladies.
Sorry about the other thread. Meant to revise then forgot about it :(

Sorry.

Anyhoo...any ideas for how to build up a weave with closure on a sloped head?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

TIA
Sponsored Links

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:22pm
What do you mean by sloped head? Pics? Description?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:25pm
Ok. Just a sec. Had a site but lost it.
And thanks for responding by the way.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2014 at 6:35pm
Ok. Here we go. Here's a pic (not of me) of what I'm needing help with.

http://slodive.com/inspiration/black-weave-hairstyles/

Scroll down to third pic- girl in glasses.

Young lady in the pic is obviously wearing a wig/closure.
She has a sloped head (like mine) and a small forehead (like mine.)

How do you weave a head like this so that everything is not so obvious?

I am looking to get another install and am so frustrated with this aspect of it.
amandita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:05am
hi this is something i try to explain to my clients.. your head shape has a direct impact on how a closure or wig will come out..
i have at least two clients i can think of that has a head shape that raises in the crown and the hairline is low/small forehead .. one of my clients that has this shape wears the closure anyway and doesnt even leave hair out, she is guess accepts it.. the other client, after attempting a closure twice she decided she cant deal with it so we just do leave out..

i have found that if you want to wear a wig or closure it is going to enhance the raised look of your head ... because it is "all encompassing" .. however if you leave hair out it is not as obvious since your head is not "all encompassed" .. with leave out it is not obvious your head is high.. once a client comes to me i can tell in person if i feel it will come out well

client will say they want their closure like mine but my head is FLAT in the top so that changes the look... hair is like clothes, everything wont look the same at everybody, there is no one size fits all but we can find ways to make it work for us
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 10:19am
OP can you do a side part? I do see women with that sloped head but they still rock what they want. It will not look like the pics in hair blogs or forums but you'll have to make it your own style.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:35am
Originally posted by amandita amandita wrote:

hi this is something i try to explain to my clients.. your head shape has a direct impact on how a closure or wig will come out..

Thanks Amandita.
I found that out the hard way in Florida.
Ok, I can't embed, so if someone would do the honors, here's are two great examples of what my problem is:

Skip to 3:14 when she puts on the lace front. That would be me. Also same kind of small forehead and scant space between eyebrows and hairline. Looks fine on it's own, but add a wig or closure and I AM EDDIE MUNSTER!!

Lacefront vs Low Forehead

Second vid. At 0:40 you can see how far back her closure is. I have to do that. (Although to me, seems like she has a big enough forehead to not need to do this.)
Anyway, that's the prob I have.
What I want is all my hair away except my broke down edges.

Styling Options: Blending Lace Closure into Hairline

Tell me what you think.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 8:39am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

OP can you do a side part? I do see women with that sloped head but they still rock what they want. It will not look like the pics in hair blogs or forums but you'll have to make it your own style.

Thanks Suga.
Hmmm...I kinda do but I have to have leave-out to do it. I really want all my hair up except my edges.
Mine is a strange problem because I have a big head.
A big head with a small forehead.
I don't know what kind of voodoo that is, but I am mad about it!!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 5:28pm
Bump :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply