Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

sleeping with the enenemy? swirly sistas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 40>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

lol lilaca, limme alone!!Embarrassed
LOLchile , after your last powerful message , your included in the cooning council!

I am?? I'm honoured, really I am.LOL

What da fuk??  I didnt invite her as*... you need to stop including  folks across the pond who sus they damn selves...
i'm british tooDead i feel we need another to make it three. LOL
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Embarrassed

I'm more of the view that there's nothing wrong with ir relationships as long as both sides go into it with their eyes fully open (i.e. none of this white saviour/knight/black wommen ain't sh!t mentality--plus none of this fetishising of black men as mandigo type mentality)<--when this crap starts happening, it really concerns me...

this is me,

but i'll still call a coon out though

its a sport
lol@ sport

...I mean tbh I've seen plenty of ir relationships which work out and everyone's really happy but I've also seen some less than savoury things which would definitely qualify as coonery
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:47pm
Da fuk!! Oh Lawd!!!
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 2:51pm

First look at Orlando Bloom ahead of his Broadway debut as Romeo in Shakespeare's tale of star-crossed lovers

By FAY STRANG

PUBLISHED: 08:53, 19 July 2013 UPDATED: 08:55, 19 July 2013

•  
  •  
  •  
87 shares

View 
comments

The first image of Orlando Bloom as Romeo from the upcoming Broadway production of Romeo and Juliet has been released.

The actor will be taking on the role of the star-crossed lover alongside two-time Tony Award nominee Condola Rashad in the mixed-raced contemporary production. 

The simple yet effective image shows the characters dressed in crisp white shirts gazing at each other while lying on a bed. 

Locked in: Orlando Bloom is starring in Romeo and Juliet alongside Condola Rashad on Broadway

Locked in: Orlando Bloom is starring in Romeo and Juliet alongside Condola Rashad on Broadway

Orlando, who has the same name as a character in Shakespeare’s As You Like It, will be directed by five-time Tony Award nominee David Leveaux.

Leveaux’s production will feature Shakespeare’s original language while in a modern setting.

Further conflict is added to the tragedy as the Montague family is white and the Capulets black.

The race issue was addressed in the press release: ‘While race defines the family lineages, the original cause of the ‘ancient quarrel,’ passed down by successive generations to their young, has been lost to time.’

Relocated: Orlando and wife Miranda Kerr have relocated to New York alongside son Flynn for the run

Relocated: Orlando and wife Miranda Kerr have relocated to New York alongside son Flynn for the run

Movie star: Fans of the actor are more used to seeing him on the big screen such as as Legolas in The Lord Of The Rings

Movie star: Fans of the actor are more used to seeing him on the big screen such as as Legolas in The Lord Of The Rings

Speaking about the modern setting director Leveaux told the Associated Press: ‘The last thing we wanted to do was to do a sort of pompous, classic version of Romeo and Juliet.

Stage debut: Orlando starred in David Storeys In Celebration six years ago in London

Stage debut: Orlando starred in David Storey's In Celebration six years ago in London

‘I'm just taking away all the wallpaper and mantelpieces, all the kind of pompous stuff we associate with grand Shakespearean productions, and try to go as simple as possible.’

Romeo and Juliet, which has not appeared on Broadway since 1977, will also star Brent Carver, Jayne Houdyshell, Chuck Cooper, Christian Camargo, Roslyn Ruff, Conrad Kemp and American Idol star Justin Guarini.

Orlando, who famously starred in Lord Of The Rings, has reportedly relocated to New York alongside his wife Miranda Kerr and two-year-old son Flynn. 

While the 36-year-old hasn’t starred in a Shakespeare play before he has performed some of Romeo’s speeches as part of the 2011 Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra concert that saw Tchaikovsky's music paired with Shakespearean texts that inspired them.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star made his professional stage debut in David Storey’s Celebration in London six years ago. 

Director Leveaux said it was a no brainer casting the handsome star: ‘I was just so fascinated by his passion and his absolute boyish love of this language that I thought: 'Yep, that feels like our Romeo'.’

Romeo and Juliet opens at Broadway’s Richard Rodgers Theatre on Thursday, September 19, 2013 following preview performances from Saturday, August 24, 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2370086/Orlando-Bloom-ahead-Broadway-debut-Romeo-Shakespeares-tale-star-crossed-lovers.html#ixzz2ZcKIvMlk 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:10pm
^^^I see they went for "colour-blind" casting

...it's interesting because it'll add another layer (that was never in Shakespeare's original play, i.e. race/ethnicity etc.) to the concept of them being from different families
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:12pm

^^^I see they went for "colour-blind" casting

...it's interesting because it'll add another layer (that was never in Shakespeare's original play, i.e. race/ethnicity etc.) to the concept of them being from different families
LOLRomeo must die is the best ir romeo and Juliet spinoff imo

The black woman is pretty though
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:13pm
lol @ all these coontastic trap threads this week.

Edited by OoDles O - Jul 20 2013 at 3:13pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:31pm
Coon-Trap?LOL
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:39pm
A coontastic witchhunt KFoxx
:carrellhah:

I can't ... I can't...lol
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 3:45pm
Someone pass around the coonbread and some slice of pecoon pie. I had to get that out.

LOLTongue 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style