Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

sleeping with the enenemy? swirly sistas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 38>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:55am
I need to lay down. Suga you are fool lmao
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 9:56am
should have quoted!!
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

should have quoted!!
Ouch I didn't want to put her on the spot.  I was hoping either I misunderstood or she'd edit.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:03am
lol yea i skimmed it didnt make sense to me neither
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:04am
The thought of having to educate a man I'm in love with about race relations and the deep rooted cancer of white privilege in this country is just overwhelming to me.  

What I do hope is that these white men who inevitably have brown babies realize that their sons could certainly be Trayvon.  I hope that they not only "get it" but fight it with every breath.  

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Jul 20 2013 at 10:04am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:06am
they'd be halfway on the journey to enlightenment if the women they were sleeping with insistent, insightful AND persistant on the subject of blackness with their mates, but nooooooooo causes too much confusion

probably one of the reasons i respect robin well, paula patton-thicke
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

should have quoted!!
Ouch I didn't want to put her on the spot.  I was hoping either I misunderstood or she'd edit.

You didn't do anything, but I'm in a weekend course for the MBE. I need to take notes, and I could tell that this was going to turn into a long discussion. I have to focus on the course I paid for, but the general idea is that he feels that teaching people how to be safe and how to prepare for danger does not impute guilt. I feel that even suggesting it is victim-blaming. We discussed it, and agreed to disagree. I don't think Trayvon should have done anything differently. He says that Trayvon wasn't wrong, but he (my SO) would have tried to diffuse the situation. Again, I think it's victim-blaming, but we agreed to disagree. We as adults, can discuss things, have different ideas, and move on. We both agree on the central issue that Zimmerman was wrong, and should be in jail, if that makes sense.

Edited by Limalady - Jul 20 2013 at 10:15am
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:20am
^^^ I can agree with both of youse guys points kfoxx & ak. And I can admit that I'm presumptuous in two points of my previous post: that the black partner is willing to be that instructor and that they have any-damn-thing to teach. I'm projecting my race awareness, identity, pride or what have you on to other negroes.

For me, to talk around or negate race is tantamount to talking around a significant part of my existence. As a result, I never fully comprehend those (black, white or other) that do.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:24am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

Some of these ppl in this thread I ain neva seen before...yall come out the woods for threads like this...huh??
what did i say yesterday?

CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 10:25am
Some of these ppl in this thread I ain neva seen before...yall come out the woods for threads like this...huh??
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 38>
  Share Topic