Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

sleeping with the enenemy? swirly sistas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 14 Votes, Average 2.93  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 7:52am
I don't see how yall can trust a white man.
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

does the verdict make you want to stop bleaching, OP?  

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

How many coon threads are we gonna have this month ? lol

Hee hee! Don't you get it? EVERY THREAD that does not go along with the 'go along' .. is a coon thread!

You've gotta think, live and believe ... just like everybody else to avoid this tittle so at some point it becomes a joke. LOL

I don't take it seriously - nobody should.

Naw you should take it serious.........you're king coon
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:00am
Originally posted by samiro samiro wrote:

I dumped my bf (he's mexican) right after the verdict was read. He was talmbout some "i would kill a 6'2 person in a hoodie standing in the rain too"

I was like fck your no job havin, never graduated highschool ass. Eat a dck.

*goes back to ghosting*

That statement was the deal breaker tho?
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:05am
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:06am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

How many coon threads are we gonna have this month ? lol

Hee hee! Don't you get it? EVERY THREAD that does not go along with the 'go along' .. is a coon thread!

You've gotta think, live and believe ... just like everybody else to avoid this tittle so at some point it becomes a joke. LOL

I don't take it seriously - nobody should.

Naw you should take it serious.........you're king coon

Lawd
samiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote samiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by samiro samiro wrote:

I dumped my bf (he's mexican) right after the verdict was read. He was talmbout some "i would kill a 6'2 person in a hoodie standing in the rain too"

I was like fck your no job havin, never graduated highschool ass. Eat a dck.

*goes back to ghosting*

That statement was the deal breaker tho?

Nahh, he said some stuff about black men not being sh*t before that statement and he was all "i know how they are. I have black friends"

So i was just like how is that supposed to make me feel about the way you feel about the men in my family?

Or maybe i was just looking for a reason to dump himm... Dude hasn't had a job in the 3 years we've been dating.
stylenwild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stylenwild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:15am
I get what a lot of you are saying.. but I spose I one of those women who just try not to discuss race with my partner. Without fail, feelings will be hurt - our first race discussions (over the existence of white privilege) almost resulted in me ending it. But when it comes down to it, it's just not worth the losing him over this one difference in opinion when I enjoy everything else about him. 

When we do discuss topics, I take the time to show him a different perspective from the black woman's point of view. In fact, I tell him various perspectives, not just my own so he can see a range. And I know that subconsciously, this is me trying to educate him on the world from a non-white perspective. Similarly, it's very interesting seeing his viewpoints on things, even if I cannot agree. 

I've been with him for a year and a half, and honestly, I can see an improvement in awareness. One of my proudest moments was when he picked out the slightly racist undertones in a random Hollywood comedy we were watching. When we first met, not only would he not have noticed, he would have denied, denied, denied. From my experience with him, his views on racial subjects like the history of slavery and white privilege, (hell, we got caught up in a disagreement about that Dark Girls documentary the other day) it all stems from a lack of knowledge and ignorance. And atm, with him being my partner, if the opportunity to talk about this stuff is unavoidable I will talk and explain and give him something to think about. However, a lot of the time it's a lot of avoidable strain and quite frankly, not even relevant to our day-to-day relationship. 

That's just my two pennies. 

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (22) Thanks(22)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:28am
sooooooooo you avoid race discussions out of a fear of your relationship ending?

i honestly think that a very common perspective in those types of ir dynamics .. just that not many would admit it

however it would be fair to say that you're compromising your blackness for his comfort

just an observation

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2013 at 8:31am
ignorance is not an excuse for lack of empathy

and most white people do not want to empathise because they dont want to because at the end of the day they are used to other people compromising to accommodate them a la the above

Edited by afrokock - Jul 20 2013 at 8:31am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>
  Share Topic