BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

slavery and religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Well of course many blacks were Muslim before they got here. They were getting their asses beat by Ishmael and their cousins way before the white man was thought about. Mecca was the largest slave port in the world at that time, with the Arab slave trade lasting for 14 centuries.  

I love your knowledge when it comes to these things.
Sponsored Links

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:22am

Well of course many blacks were Muslim before they got here. They were getting their asses beat by Ishmael and their cousins way before the white man was thought about. Mecca was the largest slave port in the world at that time, with the Arab slave trade lasting for 14 centuries.  

thank you I don't know why folks act like that ain't true. 

Edited by sexibeach - Mar 11 2014 at 11:27am
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:22am
It's mostly the muslim blacks that don't believe that the Arabs(fake) were getting forced and enslaved and the men becoming enuchs and the women becoming whores or concubines. Its a real travesty and it still goes on today. That's why morality and ethics shouldn't associated with religion as much and should be far from political and human development and should be personal.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:36am
I disagree that the majority of west Africans were Muslim prior to slavery. The northern parts that touched the desert/arab population yes. But south of that they had their own gods.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

I love your knowledge when it comes to these things.
Embarrassed

But the information is out there though. You just got to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:47am
In Brazil, blacks managed to keep their religion. I guess the Portuguese were nicer than the British. Not all blacks follow it, though, and some whites identify with it and chose it over Christianity.
One is Umbanda and the other is Candomble. They wear white, and some people do good and others do bad. I think umbanda is the bad one, or maybe some people do bad with it.

Basically there is a superior power that they believe, and all you have to do is be good. They don't discuss Jesus but don't also deny his existence. They believe Jesus was a nice man. They have different names for the saints, and some of the saints are stronger than others.

The people who would be consider a kind of priest or pastor is called Pai de Santo (which means Father of a Saint) and they help you if you go to them and say you can't find a job or whatever. It is not about removing curses, but more about opening your pathways or making someone who hates you forget about you, without hurting the person.

The bad is when they do a kind of voodoo to make someone fall in love with you, or have someone you dislike be hurt, etc. The bad ones use animals in the rituals. The good ones use food and cash.
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:48am
Ya'll dropping some good links...much appreciated
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 11:50am
I think the Cubans  also managed to keep their religion rituals, and that's where santeria comes from too.
In Africa, blacks are mostly either Muslim or Christian. The few who aren't were able to continue the tradition from their ancestors.

In my opinion, and I don't want to offend anyone, I think everyone from all religions, worship the same God, but since we all speak different languages (and the idioms also changed throughout the centuries), God has a different name everywhere, but there is only one God. And he gives powers to his angels whom some people call saints, to help out people.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

How is it a "white man's religion" if most of the events in the Bible take place in the middle East and Africa? Confused

Christianity existed in a parts of Africa before Europeans even grouped themselves together

But the bible describes the people Jesus encountered during his peregrination as Jewish people, and the Jewish black community in Africa is very small.

Truth is, Christianity isn't the problem, but the people. In Luke 12:49, Jesus said that he wasn't bringing peace to the world, but division. It was not HIM who brought that, but the people who either didn't want others to become Christians, or many centuries later whom wanted everyone to be a Christian, whom killed in the "name" of Christianity, and who continue to hate because of their "religious" beliefs.

No religion is bad if you are not using it to crush someone else.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2014 at 12:12pm
Is that you in the avi sexibeach?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>