Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SL in 2012 Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
doayoade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doayoade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SL in 2012 Challenge
    Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 9:46pm

I saw the APL in 2012 challenge and I thought, "Yeah, That ain't happening." So, I thought we definitely need a challenge for the ladies with shorter hair. The challenge: To reach Shoulder-length by December 31, 2012. 

There is only one rule. <font ="Apple-style-span" size="6" color="#ff0000">NO GROWTH AIDS! I don't know about you all, but I want to know what my hair can do on its own. It doesn't matter if you're relaxed, natural, texlaxed, or texturized. If you want to see your hair grow and you want to do it yourself, this is the place for you. So, If you think you can do it on your own, please join the challenge.

Here's how:
  1. Post your starting pic
  2. Tell us your current length
  3. The regimen you will be following.
  4. The products you will be using
  5. And what styles you will be using to keep your hair protected.
  6. <font ="Apple-style-span" color="#ff0000" size="5">Keep us updated!
I'll keep this challenge open until January 31, 2011 for any last minute stragglers. I've never started a challenge before, so I am open to any suggestions or thoughts of improvements.

<font size="4" color="#ff0000">Challengers:
doayoade (10/19)
MsDidi13 (10/19)
SwainLow1007 (10/23)
redbone.Savage (10/25)
yekomod (11/03)
Mrs_Gaines (11/05)

Edited by doayoade - Nov 06 2011 at 7:56pm
Sponsored Links

MsDidi13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsDidi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 9:55pm
I will join...
Pictures (Hope this works): http://www.flickr.com/photos/68581451@N08/sets/72157627743092173/
  1. Tell us your current length: 3inches
  2. The regimen you will be following: Wash when needed using oil cleansing method; Protein and DC once a month...I DC more if needed.  I do GHE at night every once in a while.
  3. The products you will be using:  Black Soap by Healing Herbs by Rene; any oil I have on-hand; Renpure Reconstructor; Emergencee Nexxus; Shea Moisture Leave-In; Shea Butter or Castor to Seal.
  4. And what styles you will be using to keep your hair protected:  It is a TWA...looking to braid and wear wigs soon.

doayoade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doayoade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 10:18pm
Yay! Someone joined! Here's my info:

My hair is currently Ear length on the left side and Chin length on the right. I'll have to even it out and then grow it out :-/

Regimen: Alternate shampoo/ cowashing 1x week; Deep condition 1x week; Relaxer every 8-10 weeks; Trim with every relaxer; Moisturize and seal 2x daily

Products: Head N' Shoulder's Clinical Strength (Shampoo), Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner (cowash), Creme of Nature with Argan oil (DC), Aussi Hair Insurance (leave-in), Organics Kids Moisturizing Detangling Lotion (moisturizer), Any oil I can get my hands one to seal. 

Styles: Full/half wigs, braidouts, faux buns, braids of twists, sew-ins and whatever else I can come up with.

Here is my starting pic!

Edited by doayoade - Oct 19 2011 at 10:19pm
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 11:29pm
Awww Doayoade Clap you started a shoulder length 2012 challenge I feel so much better now that I'm not the only one who started a challenge that I've never done before. I'll be lurking a congratulating you ladies on and be seeing you missy in Beginners Hair Challenge. Wink

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Oct 19 2011 at 11:39pm
doayoade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doayoade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Awww Doayoade Clap you started a shoulder length 2012 challenge I feel so much better now that I'm not the only one who started a challenge that I've never done before. I'll be lurking a congratulating you ladies on and be seeing you missy in Beginners Hair Challenge. Wink

Thanks! And good luck with your challenge!
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 21 2011 at 2:14pm
good luck in your challenge im SL now not full SL tho, good luck in your challenege 
SwainLow1007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwainLow1007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 6:49pm
About time a SL Challenge TY.... :)
can i join here's my info

Current length: NL
regimen:
sun. Sham w/ tresseme moisture rich sham
dp con w/ ORS replenish pack rollerset with africa's best (AB) setting lotion and herbal oil along w/ elasta QP H2 Moisrutizer
Wednesday co-wash w/ garnier fructis Cvs generic cond. Aphogee 2 min reconstructor grease Thats right grease lol scalp w/ palmers or AB hair grease add elasta QP H2 Moisrutizer and AB setting lotion wrap tie down and let air dry
nightly: moisture w/ luster's s curl and seal w/ AB herbal oil

Edited by SwainLow1007 - Oct 23 2011 at 6:52pm
SwainLow1007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SwainLow1007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 23 2011 at 7:13pm
About time a SL Challenge TY.... :)
Current length: NL
regimen:
sun. Sham w/ tresseme moisture rich sham
dp con w/ ORS replenish pack rollerset with africa's best (AB) setting lotion and herbal oil along w/ elasta QP H2 Moisrutizer
Wednesday co-wash w/ garnier fructis Cvs generic cond. Aphogee 2 min reconstructor grease Thats right grease lol scalp w/ palmers or AB hair grease add elasta QP H2 Moisrutizer and AB setting lotion wrap tie down and let air dry
nightly: moisture w/ luster's s curl and seal w/ AB herbal oil
doayoade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doayoade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2011 at 9:21am
Welcome to the challenge SwainLow1007!
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2011 at 6:41am
I'LL BE BACK LATER TO POST MY INFO :))
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>