Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Dark Spots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skin lightening/bleaching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
beautifulcurls9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautifulcurls9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skin lightening/bleaching
    Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 3:24pm
I was just curious because my best friend has told me she could tell when someone has been bleaching or lightening their skin, she said something about ashiness, a powdery look, unnatural brown color etc..Im not to good at the clues, but I can tell if their face is extremely lighter than their body. What do you ladies think are the obvious signs that someone has been bleaching their skin?? And what do you feel about bleaching to be light skin in general? How about bleaching just to be a shade or two lighter?
Sponsored Links

cecejayden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote cecejayden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 4:36pm
yes of course you can always tell if someone bleaches. their skin will have that nasty raw look to it -i.e a nasty red undertone.  their lips will be significantly darker as well as their knuckles/hands.

bleaching in my opinion is self hate. it looks unatural and really should not be done. howvere i have noticed a huge increase in bleachers tho-men too!!!
MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by cecejayden cecejayden wrote:

yes of course you can always tell if someone bleaches. their skin will have that nasty raw look to it -i.e a nasty red undertone.  their lips will be significantly darker as well as their knuckles/hands.

bleaching in my opinion is self hate. it looks unatural and really should not be done. howvere i have noticed a huge increase in bleachers tho-men too!!!

I agree..

Just take a look at Sammy Sosa:

MissMesha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissMesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 5:57pm
^ He claims he did this as part of a detox program, but I've never known of any detox programs that cause you to wear color contacts or change your hair texture. Detox program my Censored!

Sammy is bleaching point blank and he does not look healthy.
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 6:07pm
I hear Africans call it 'fanta face coca cola body", where the body and face does not match. My opinion about skin bleaching depends upon the reason one want to do it. If someone want to even out their complexion then I feel thats fine, however the minute most people, especially someone with a brown complexion asks a question about skin bleaching, ppl bombard them with self hate accusations. As long as people don't have unrealistic expectations. Someone who is say Halle Berry complexion should not expect to look like Faith Evans. I'm a caramel complexion and I have some hyperpigmentation since I've grown older. I don't expect to look like Alicia Keys however, I expect to look more even look thats becoming to my complexion. 
beautifulcurls9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautifulcurls9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2010 at 9:02pm
I have noticed that thing with the dark hands, why would they forget to bleach their hands!?? And the lips, yes tend to be darker..joints such as the elbo, knees, knuckles etc....and the ashy look too, Im starting to notice... I dont think Halle is too much darker than Faith Evans thought
Phouston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phouston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2011 at 8:46pm
i think if a person want to make his/her skin lighter is not much of a big deal, as long as they do it the proper way, not by bleaching of course. not only it destroys your skin, it can also lead to other ailments like skin cancer perhaps. i admit i am a user of a skin lightener product, i do it to even out my skin tone. but i use a product that doesn't harm my skin. if any of you wants to try it, look it up on the internet, its neucell skin lightener, all the ingredients are natural, so it is safe to use and also beneficial for the skin.
Nic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 10:36am
I think that if you bleach your skin to become lighter,you are full of self hatred and will go around frightening small children with your Corpse Bride looking behind. I saw a picture of a Nigerian girl that had bleached her entire body for TWO years. Let me tell you,old girl was Fright Night.

There is a CLEAR,pardon the pun,difference between someone just wanting to remove some hyper-pigmentation and someone doing what Vybz Cartel and Sammy Sosa did. They are NOT the same thing and skin bleachers need to stop with that mess. They want to be lighter because they don't like themselves and have bought into the myth that anything light is better than dark.
DivaKells View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaKells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2011 at 4:35am
I would say:

1. Dark or better Black Knuckles

2. Dark Scalp (if that person is wearing a half parted weave its very obvious.

3. Dark Feet or Toes (thats a very difficult area to bleach, it takes time.

4. Knees

5. Ears (some ppl forget they exist)

6. Finger Nails (most ppl who use strong bleaching creams have discoloured finger nails, they're very orange looking)

I think i'll leave NO. 7 OUT. I don't want to offend anybody who is bleaching!

PS: IF YOU'RE BLEACHING PLS NOTE THE POINTS I'VE MENTIONED.
catjacarol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catjacarol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2011 at 8:23pm
I am still laughing at that picture of Sammy Sosa.  My sister had not seen it and when I showed it to her tonight she was so shocked and her face was so funny I laughed until tears rolled down my face.  Looking at Sammy Sosa and reading this thread...I am thinking Nic is on to something.  He is a groom looking for his "Corpse Bride"  LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic