Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Skin Care Junkies..Vente!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

how do you use it under your eyes? won't that burn?

The cream I have is fairly mild. It's called "Mela-D" by La Roche-Posay. It's not prescription. I don't know if it's gonna work for me or not but I know that I must be in it for the long haul to see any effects. I tried hydroquinone and my eyes started puffing up like a balloon
Sponsored Links

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by Soratachi Soratachi wrote:

Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

My associate is Panamanian and she SWEARS BY THIS STUFF. She said it took the little black bumps on the back of her thighs from shaving, and the razor burn under her arms away. I mean when I say swears by this sh!t... I mean it. Maybe now I will give it a whirl. If you live in an area with an Asian Mkt, you can def get it there. She gets hers in chinatown, but sometimes I see it in the display case at the beauty supply stores.

I suffer from the same ish, I have keratosis pilaris on my lower leg and I need to remove some bumps from my underarms from shaving. With this I do not need to use chemical peels.
Off to ebay.

First I know rummy loves skin care so I ran in here with the quickness! Then i saw kojic acid soap, it plus  lika papaya soap are the HOLy Grail staples over skincare talk forum so i was sceptical. But when Qualified posted abt her Coworker saying it works for KP I NEED this. My kp happens with ALL types of hair removal but depilatory creams but those results barely last for me. So I'm Jamaica in long pants and skirts with Hell-like temperaturesDeadOuch

I know Amlactin is good for KP but i cant find it here. Does anyone else suffer with kp? and does anyone have any experience with Amlactin and/or kojic acid?

I have suffered from Kp for close to 20 years now and the only thing that has ever worked for me the best are Cerave Skin Renewing lotion.  Its called Cerave SA. AWESOME. The quickest difference ever.  

I also find that when I use a lot of moisturizing soaps it helps. For some reason my skin loves Coconut and Papaya soap from Nubian Heritage. 

Finally, The sun. My skin clears up 50% when I am in the sun.  

Am Lactin is okay but does not light a candle to Cerave SA Skin renewing lotion.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:38pm
This kojic is 2%. I used it two ways;

Applied it to my arms prior to showering for like 5 minutes.

Then I diluted a bar in a 24 ounce bottle and made a body wash. Which also diluted the kojic concentration.

I thought about purchasing some from lotion crafters but I have so much other stuff. I need to use up
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:42pm
I love lotioncrafter.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Jul 25 2013 at 8:42pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:43pm
Rumbie is of one our skin gurus Big smile

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:43pm
Diane I have a.bit of kp

I exfoliate with a dry loofah then I use Ahava micro peeling wash for dead skin removal. Out of the shower I oil myself down while still wet then apply Amlactin lotion.

Then on other days I use Mario bedescu aha lotion then shower.

I never use a razor only wax or creams.
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 11:26pm
How exactly do you spot treat with a soap on the body area?? I seriously want to know how that is done? what if the knee or elbow was a problem area. Or are you supposed to wash the entire body with the soap and then things balance and even out?Confused
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 11:52pm
No you use it on the dark areas ........for the face it will all lighten then tone back even.
lumii18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumii18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 1:41am
I just need something to clear up my chest acne. I tried the likkas papaya soap but it was too harsh
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2013 at 7:47am
I use Studio 35 Beauty alpha hydroxy face cream. It's like 8.99 at Walgreens. I SWEAR by this stuff, and usually my skin rejects a lot of products.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 24>