Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:16pm
I lol'd at this cuz its true

Black women are left on the curb still waiting on the mythical 'Good Black Man'. Confused The good black man exists but there are not enough of them to go around. That is the problem.
THIS IS A HUGE mistake ... because it can only lead to either never having a committed partner, 'sharing' a man Confused or waiting until the first wife leaves or dies so they can finally get married at the ripe old age of 45!

LOL
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

When I was growing up, you get pregnant, you get thrown out. Nowadays you get a baby shower.

*wonders some people thinks/believe what the end result of generational teen/unwed pregnancy is and will be*

Are some of us really that deep in denial?

girl.  my mom won't even go to the baby shower of an unwed ADULT and will not extend her congrats.
but why the change of heart?  Wasn't she an unwed teen mom?

they got married.  they were married for over a decade before my dad left.
b4 or after they had you?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:19pm
^before
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:22pm
mm hmm ic
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:25pm
Clearly the answer to teen pregnancy isn't shame. Stuff like that is part of the problem. Folks would rather throw their kids out on the street or coddle them and raise their grandbabies for them, instead of teaching children about sex, taking them to get condoms/bc, and telling them to value their bodies.

All these factors should be taught at home but instead we expect the school to do it for us.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:26pm
^i wouldn't throw my child out if they got pregnant, but i certainly wouldn't throw them a shower.
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Clearly the answer to teen pregnancy isn't shame. Stuff like that is part of the problem. Folks would rather throw their kids out on the street or coddle them and raise their grandbabies for them, instead of teaching children about sex, taking them to get condoms/bc, and telling them to value their bodies.

All these factors should be taught at home but instead we expect the school to
do it for us.

Critical!!!!

I was raised to ...'keep that dime between my knees' and I never once got pregnant. Duh! I never even understood why they were NOT scared their mother would KILL them if they got knocked up. Geesh your parents have to instill a healthy sense of FEAR in you .. to get you through those teen years.

It ALLLLLLWAYS comes down to what is happening IN THE HOME - not the school or the TV or the streets.
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:35pm

^i wouldn't throw my child out if they got pregnant, but i certainly wouldn't throw them a shower.

I think that's how it should be. There's a middle point where the child is neither shamed nor praised for their pregnancy.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:36pm

mm hmm ic

what are you pondering over there B?
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:42pm

mm hmm ic

what are you pondering over there B?
Embarrassed

not worth it 

Evil Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair