Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>

Author
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 4:20pm
lol bunny u are so funny
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

When I was growing up, you get pregnant, you get thrown out. Nowadays you get a baby shower. 

*wonders some people thinks/believe what the end result of generational teen/unwed pregnancy is and will be*

Are some of us really that deep in denial?

I was talking to my SO about this last night. He was telling me about his classmate who was posting pics of her child on facebook. The child  was 13 and his classmate had her when she was 14... i was like do you realize she could be a GREAT grandmother before she turns 40.?!?!?!!? 

rubynaturalprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rubynaturalprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

White kids are f*cking idiots with good study habits

Really, all articles like these do are further cloud the myth that White people are superior
I really hate these studies that only focus on half of the problem

White people will never take responsibility for their part in the destruction of the Black community
F*CK these "studies"

Agreed.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 4:44pm

When I was growing up, you get pregnant, you get thrown out. Nowadays you get a baby shower.

*wonders some people thinks/believe what the end result of generational teen/unwed pregnancy is and will be*

girl.  my mom won't even go to the baby shower of an unwed ADULT and will not extend her congrats.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

girl.  my mom won't even go to the baby shower of an unwed ADULT and will not extend her congrats.

Lol yes.
I remember this happening about a year ago and I tol her I was going to a classmates baby shower .
She knew the girl and she loves gifting so I asked her if she was gonna send something with me.

Lol maaannnn that finger started wagging.
She does not support that ish
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:00pm

but why the change of heart?  Wasn't she an unwed teen mom?
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:10pm

Well, I hate to speak the obvious but IT'S A NUMBERS GAME! This is why so many Black families have no father in the home so this leads to poverty and very often .. these children fail in life. Ouch

Black women are the least married women in America. Ouch

What happen is - girls are raised by Black mothers alone because there simply are not enough Black men in the country. This has been a problem for at least the last couple of generations.

- The ratio of Black women to Black men is 2 to 1. (Why? who knows but it has to be biological, so in terms of finding a partner - Black women ... start off in the hole.)

- Then because Black people are so close to poverty or are living in poverty - within that group of Black men, a lot of them end up in gangs, crime, drugs - which leads to pre-mature DEATH ... but mainly prison takes them off the streets for good. (Hey, 13.1 % of the population is Black but 40% of the prisons are Black!) A loooot of Black men are screwed up in the head so they land in prison.Confused Why? No strong father or male role model in the home to lead then in the right direction.

- Then there are the Black men that are not in prison (yet) but they are involved in illegal activities, drugs, gangs etc  .. wasting their lives and making babies that they will never support - so then another generation of Black kids grow up without a father Confused and they will repeat this all too familiar pattern.

- From what remains if the Black men - (the ones that are off drugs and not involved in illegal activties) and are actually EMPLOYEED - you have Black guys that are openly gay, or only date White women ... okay that's another thing.

So in the end you are left a very small pool of men from which a Black woman can choose a partner and raise 'a strong Black family'! Shocked

- And by the time those guys reach 30 or so they have figured out that they are scarce commodity so ... they just go from girl to girl - dropping babies and not committing to any of them - because they don't have to! The women are willing to have sex with them anyway so .. what would be their motivation to stick with the one woman forever?

OF COURSE there men like Barack ObamaClap  that will marry and have JUST THE ONE family - but these men are scarce as hen's teeth.

So yes, at this moment 71% of Black America women are raising a child without a husband/partner/ father figure in the home. This is indeed destructive for the Black community because children DO need a mother and a father in the home.. for many, many reasons like stability. Of course, lot of Black kids manage okay because their mother sacrifices everything in order to fill BOTH roles. But who want to work that hard?

There simply are not enough Black men to go around so it's up to Black women to get real. Stop sleeping with Black men (avoiding pregnancy) or stay on the pill etc so you don't bring children into this world when in the end you will just have a HARD LIFE of scraping to feed them with no partner in the home .. so tha yes, they are at risk of failing life.

Black women also need to stop making everything so flipping political .. so that they CAN ONLY partner with Black men. Geesh Black men don't feel this way - they marry interracially at a rate of over 2 times the number of  Black women marrying interracially. Duh! They get what they want - but then Black women are left on the curb still waiting on the mythical 'Good Black Man'. Confused The good black man exists but there are not enough of them to go around. That is the problem.

THIS IS A HUGE mistake ... because it can only lead to either never having a committed partner,  'sharing' a man Confused or waiting until the first wife leaves or dies so they can finally get married at the ripe old age of 45!

Crazy.

Black people need to stop waiting on something that is simply never gonna happen. Never. Meaning .. waiting on White people to give you BACK something (like sekf - esteem) that their ancestors took took from us. Nevvvvver gonna happen. Wasted effort. MOVE ON! You have to take it back for yourself.

So Black women need to taking control of the situation and source NON BLACK partners or else this situation will never be resolved.

(I can't speak on the Mexican families as their situation is altogether .. different.) Shocked

Edited by Becky - Dec 11 2012 at 5:15pm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:11pm
geezus kryst^^^Disapprove
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:13pm
God, BeckyDisapprove...

Im really gonna take a nap now, and when I wake up (if it hasnt already been done), I just might tell you what's wrong with your post. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

but why the change of heart?  Wasn't she an unwed teen mom?

they got married.  they were married for over a decade before my dad left. she also became more religious later in life so that's probably another factor.

Edited by EPITOME - Dec 11 2012 at 5:18pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic