Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

awwww he feels sorry for us. he sympathizes with us. He's such a good guy. 

no he doesn'tLOL
or does he? i didnt listen to all of it

but is this stat true 3/4 of black children are born into single parent households? that is a problem imo.

eta: i also apologize for the huge pic of that white man.i know that sh*t must have been frightening and jarring Cry
I did have to shift in my seat. Please warn a nicca next time.
Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:57pm
I really wish we could discuss our issues without the intrusion of White 'holy than thou' opinions and useless and repetitive observations 
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:58pm
Heart @ Derri

Anyway, single parent households account for the long list of problems that black and latinos are facing.  My main issue with the black/Latino community is that we tend to rely too heavily to be raised, trained and educated by the people who hate us and within a system not set up for us. That is the main reason why white folk have the ability to succeed and surpass even in Amerikkka's beyond-sh!tty educational system. They can come from a broken down home, suck at school and everything and still get ahead smh.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

And this is obviously anecdotal but in my experience, the most successful (successful meaning, the moms and kids have stable, good lives) single parents I've seen have been black and hispanic. All the white single mothers I know are a mess and their kids are drug addicts and drop outs.

I noticed that with the successful ones, once the moms had kids they literally devoted their lives to their children and focused on being great parents. For example, they either went to school or got real jobs, they actively made the choice to not have men in and out of their lives, and they only had one child (bc they knew how much harder it would be with more than one). All the kids I know from these situations have master's degrees and are doing well in life.

i can think of several ppl who do this as well and you're right--their kids are thriving
my friends sister is 20 with 3 kids by 2 different fathers, and one father is in jail for killing someone.  i truly cannot expect success from her kids unless it comes from outside sources.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:59pm
For him to say that it is single parent homes at the center of why blacks and hispanics are doing poorly is ridiculous. It is a complicated issue. Black kids are continuously shafted and told they are either not good enough either indirectly or directly. Texas local channel used to show statistics of how students were doing in the community based on race and black kids were the last every damn time. When the whole damn country has low expectations for you it is very discouraging. 

Also whites and asians have a way better network and system. They help each other out and give each other notes and test material questions. They have a great cheating network going on. All the black students at my school got there on their own accord with stellar grades.

So if he wants to generalize, he should say whites and asians cheat their way up to the top.
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:00pm
The biggest fall for black people is watching too much of white people do and regarding their success as attributed to their skin colour.

The moment someone makes you feel a failure because you're black rather than a failure who just happens to be black...your life will never change & you will forever be a victim because you cannot change your skin.

Unfortunately, a lot of black people are victims which is why this issue is widespread.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:00pm
@blaquefoxx

Aka, we don't have a "racial net" that can catch us when we fall. We aren't White cats with 9 lives. We get 1 chance (if that even) to "make it" and if we can't catch a break then we fall into the same system that was designed especially for us
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

awwww he feels sorry for us. he sympathizes with us. He's such a good guy. 

no he doesn'tLOL
or does he? i didnt listen to all of it

but is this stat true 3/4 of black children are born into single parent households? that is a problem imo.

eta: i also apologize for the huge pic of that white man.i know that sh*t must have been frightening and jarring Cry
I did have to shift in my seat. Please warn a nicca next time.

i edited. that was disconcerting for me
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

The biggest fall for black people is watching too much of white people do and regarding their success as attributed to their skin colour.

The moment someone makes you feel a failure because you're black rather than a failure who just happens to be black...your life will never change & you will forever be a victim because you cannot change your skin.

Unfortunately, a lot of black people are victims which is why this issue is widespread.

Clap
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:03pm
It really isn't about being a single parent. Because even in 2-parent households, parents don't spend enough time with their children and there's a bunch of bad parenting. 

Single parent (usually)=poor, undereducated, lacking resources, higher stress, more medical issues, etc. which all makes for a bad environment for a child to grow up in. 

It's just easier to call it a "single parent" problem. Why? Because addressing the real issues is not something people in power are keen on doing since then they'd no longer have an underclass base to rule over. Make it a race issue ("those" people just don't know how to raise their children) and then people can continue to pretend that they are good white saviors all while continuing to be racist and reinforce the current power structure.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 20>
  Share Topic