Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

As hard as this is to hear.... The statistics show that this is true. Do your own research and see for yourself. I hate to say it but we as black people need to do better. BLACK WOMEN: If a man is willing to get you pregnant and take care of you both for the next 18 years. Why can't he just go ahead and marry you?

What's a couple of people's failure to get a ring got to do with our race or anything in reference to the topic at hand?
Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:31pm
Yep, black and Latino kids are pushed into special Ed at a much higher rate than whites based on shyt like "behavioral" disabilities.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Yall really don't understand that this isn't a black thing....this is a broke thing.
If your parents are failures you probably will be too.

well if economically blacks are not doing well as a whole...makes sense that their kids won't either

As a whole?
Most blacks aren't in poverty.
Why do we always focus on the poor blacks that live in the inner city?
Nigguhs in college doin' good and starting their own businesses get no shine at all.
That's a part of the problem too.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:32pm
I think young black students are judged before they get into the classroom.

And if you have parents that don't give a damn or are working hard to provide they can get left behind.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:32pm

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Yall really don't understand that this isn't a black thing....this is a broke thing.
If your parents are failures you probably will be too.

well if economically blacks are not doing well as a whole...makes sense that their kids won't either

As a whole?
Most blacks aren't in poverty.
Why do we always focus on the poor blacks that live in the inner city?
Nigguhs in college doin' good and starting their own businesses get no shine at all.
That's a part of the problem too.

i didnt say poverty. 
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:33pm
I've never met a Mexican person whose came from a single parent home. Their culture is very family oriented. They def have the "it takes a village to raise a child" mentality.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Yep, black and Latino kids are pushed into special Ed at a much higher rate than whites based on shyt like "behavioral" disabilities.

Very very true. This is why I taught my kids English first, Spanish second (i got the side eye from family) but I didn't want to give the school system any reason to put them in the "other class" or for them to be left behind.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:34pm
I know a lot of Mexicans/latinos in single family homes, especially the ones whose fathers are still in Mexico sending money over.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:35pm
Black parents absolutely need to step their game up
I've been saying this

I wouldn't say that they "encourage failure" but failure certainly doesn't mean 'death by the hands of parents' for Black kids as it does for Asian kids and children of immigrants

Black parents tend to encourage their children to put all of their eggs in to the athletic scholarship 'basket' which is highly irresponsible imo
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

As hard as this is to hear.... The statistics show that this is true. Do your own research and see for yourself. I hate to say it but we as black people need to do better. BLACK WOMEN: If a man is willing to get you pregnant and take care of you both for the next 18 years. Why can't he just go ahead and marry you?

What's a couple of people's failure to get a ring got to do with our race or anything in reference to the topic at hand?

This. And I also don't necessarily agree that you HAVE to get a ring just to because a man is willing to be there to take care of you and your child that HE aided in creating. That whole tactic of thinking that marriage will automatically make a man want to stick around and be there for you and your child irks me. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>