Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>

Author
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:50pm
oh here is the radio interview.
he said 3/4 of black children are raised in single parent households and "i cannot imagine a more deleterious effect...to be raised by one parent, often female, with not a lot of money."

eta: bc nobody needs a white man in their face like that

Edited by EPITOME - Dec 11 2012 at 1:00pm
Sponsored Links

Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:51pm
awwww he feels sorry for us. he sympathizes with us. He's such a good guy. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

no he doesn'tLOL
or does he? i didnt listen to all of it

but is this stat true 3/4 of black children are born into single parent households? that is a problem imo.

eta: i also apologize for the huge pic of that white man.i know that sh*t must have been frightening and jarring Cry

Edited by EPITOME - Dec 11 2012 at 12:54pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:53pm
So i guess he just gonna ignore that 1/2 of all White kids are, too, raised by single parents? Stern Smile
oneluv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote oneluv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

As hard as this is to hear.... The statistics show that this is true. Do your own research and see for yourself. I hate to say it but we as black people need to do better. BLACK WOMEN: If a man is willing to get you pregnant and take care of you both for the next 18 years. Why can't he just go ahead and marry you?

What's a couple of people's failure to get a ring got to do with our race or anything in reference to the topic at hand?
Its everything with the topic at hand.... Its a cycle. Black men who have been raised in single family household have never seen a proper example of a relationship and never seen what a stand up man is suppose to be. These men typically grow up not knowing the importance of marriage. Black women growing up in these households as well don't expect a ring and think cause they saw their mothers do it on their own that they can to. This is a cycle that only hurts the child the mother ends up raising on her own. Look at the statistics and see for yourself. A percentage of black inmates are from single mother homes. A highe percentage of black pregnant teens grew up without fathers. The list goes on.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:53pm

my problem is that if you want to make it a single parent thing include everyone

and I am sick of Bill Maher's ass always bringing up black people when he talks about welfare
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

As hard as this is to hear.... The statistics show that this is true. Do your own research and see for yourself. I hate to say it but we as black people need to do better. BLACK WOMEN: If a man is willing to get you pregnant and take care of you both for the next 18 years. Why can't he just go ahead and marry you?

What's a couple of people's failure to get a ring got to do with our race or anything in reference to the topic at hand?

This. And I also don't necessarily agree that you HAVE to get a ring just to because a man is willing to be there to take care of you and your child that HE aided in creating. That whole tactic of thinking that marriage will automatically make a man want to stick around and be there for you and your child irks me. 

that is bc people do it wrong. marriage should make him want to stay and build with you and vise versa.  that is the purpose of modern day marriage.  build a family, wealth, a foundation, and a future.

True. These days people have the notion that by getting married that automatically means the person they are with is there to stay always and that they will never leave or that it will make the person care more and not do things such as cheat. It seems that more often than not marriage results in divorce because of that exact mentality because, like you said, people go about marriage the wrong way. They think marriage is going to change a person when in reality it doesn't.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

So i guess he just gonna ignore that 1/2 of all White kids are, too, raised by single parents? Stern Smile

yes, b/c they are white and white is alright
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:54pm
Not sure if that's true

Maybe he's referring to the stat that 72% (or something around that) of all Black children are being born out of wedlock now

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

no he doesn'tLOL
or does he? i didnt listen to all of it

but is this stat true 3/4 of black children are born into single parent households? that is a problem imo.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:55pm
And this is obviously anecdotal but in my experience, the most successful (successful meaning, the moms and kids have stable, good lives) single parents I've seen have been black and hispanic. All the white single mothers I know are a mess and their kids are drug addicts and drop outs.

I noticed that with the successful ones, once the moms had kids they literally devoted their lives to their children and focused on being great parents. For example, they either went to school or got real jobs, they actively made the choice to not have men in and out of their lives, and they only had one child (bc they knew how much harder it would be with more than one). All the kids I know from these situations have master's degrees and are doing well in life.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
  Share Topic