Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:03pm

Being a product of a single-parent home isn't a fail, as much as the way that these single-parent homes are created.

And while what he said was very demoralizing as well as very myopic, I will say that the Black American community is still, in large part, very oriented around survival instead of success.

Even at the collegiate level, the goal of too many Black students is to graduate, instead of graduating with honors, preparing for graduate school and/or landing a job after graduation.

Edited by BeatriceBean - Dec 11 2012 at 2:05pm
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Being a product of a single-parent home isn't a fail, as much as the way that these single-parent homes are created.

And while what he said was very demoralizing as well as very myopic, I will say that the Black American community is still, in large part, very oriented around survival instead of success.

yes
RedFoxx View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote RedFoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

I'm not as mad as the single household comment as I am this

Quote "They have a culture that seems not to encourage achievement," he said. "Failure is not looked upon with disgrace."

It's disrespectful on so many levels

Yeah but it is also very accurate for a sh*tload of people...you simply cannot understand how true this is until you actually experience it first hand...

RedFoxx View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedFoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

yes

Absolutely...
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

does it sting more bc a white person said it? posters here have said how parents are not involved, do not care, Chicago is paying parents to go to parent teacher conferences [i know it is not singularly targeted at blacks]

I think so.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:48pm
when a white child is in 1st grade & a black child is in 1st grade, who is the smarter child?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:49pm

Even at the collegiate level, the goal of too many Black students is to graduate, instead of graduating with honors, preparing for graduate school and/or landing a job after graduation.

Aunt B always provides profundity.  Do you think it's bc many are first generation so just getting through is an accomplishment? Why do those at the collegiate level just want to get out? Disillusion?
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

when a white child is in 1st grade & a black child is in 1st grade, who is the smarter child?

The smarter child is the one that is smarter.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:52pm
I live in a predominately Mexican/Hispanic city.
It has one of the highest, if not the highest:

teen pregnancy rates in the nation.
REPEAT teen pregancy rates in the nation.
high school drop out rates in the nation.

I speak to people on a regular basis that quit school as early as the 9th grade w/ no repercussions from their parents. Their parents had ZERO problems w/ them quitting school. Sometimes, it was encouraged because they needed help feeding all of the mouths in the household.Shocked

Edited by Cream1970 - Dec 11 2012 at 3:07pm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

The smarter child is the one that is smarter.
which is.........

I think you are missing my point
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair