Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

For him to say that it is single parent homes at the center of why blacks and hispanics are doing poorly is ridiculous. It is a complicated issue. Black kids are continuously shafted and told they are either not good enough either indirectly or directly. Texas local channel used to show statistics of how students were doing in the community based on race and black kids were the last every damn time. When the whole damn country has low expectations for you it is very discouraging. 

Also whites and asians have a way better network and system. They help each other out and give each other notes and test material questions. They have a great cheating network going on. All the black students at my school got there on their own accord with stellar grades.

So if he wants to generalize, he should say whites and asians cheat their way up to the top.

idk if that is nec. true. or are black ppl not taught how to network or use the system
i know this black trauma surgeon who said whenever a black resident came through he would tell them call me before you take this and this exam...is it for matching idk...he said in all of his years only one person called him.  he said he couldn't tell them...hey im on the board that asks you the questions and i know what they will ask you and what you need to say.  i might even be in the room. the one person who called him is now a surgeon.

we also talked about bc "we" always have to prove ourselves, we do a lot. he was like "all these white kids doing this you think they're studying? no. they're doing it the way their dads and their grandads did it and have the answers and make it work."  he was like "i always asked. always. in order to figure out how ppl who were where i wanted to be, did it."

"we" have a harder time 1. asking for help/hook up especially when it is from whites bc we're scared and distrustful and don't utilize our networks as much as we could.
we had a thread on the bolded & most said they didn't like asking questions, raising their hand, or staying after class cuz it was embarassing to stick out & their pride just wanted them to blend inThumbs Down

oh did we? it's hard imo. i've always raised my hand and spoken in class but one on one with professors have always made me nervous depending on the professor. and networking can be tough. it's like going on a date. you have to smile, make jokes, find common ground, etc.

Maybe I should have said their network is better built up than a black network.

It is intimidating when you are the only black person there and forced to befriend people who "might be racist" or "might say something out of pocket" or has a completely different culture than yours. Maybe I should have said whites and asians have an easier time networking. And whites and asians do not intermingle. Whites help each other out. And asians help each other out. 

I had a professor call me stupid since I did not know the answer to a question in class when called upon. 

This same professor helps out whites and has favoritism for jewish students. My roommate is Jewish and aced this professor's exam because she had "special" notes that pretty much had all the answers on it. There are asian kids that old tests and so forth. Getting this much help as a black person is not as easily accessible. There is only one black professor vs. 14 non blacks. You have to infiltrate into their network to be successful.

We do have minority lunch or whatever but minority lunch aint going to help me pass. I am friendly to everyone and that's how I do well. I infiltrated with an indian group though lol. 

ETA: wow at my grammatical errors from typing too fast

Edited by keepgrowing - Dec 11 2012 at 1:39pm
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Huh? Bunny what are you saying?
What's this bottom business I was denying?
it is sooooo minor, It feels petty even bringing it up.  but all the time when ur post is at the bottom of a page, u edit it out, put a period, then post ur comment on the next page.  It's like a superstition or something.  kind of OCDish.  That's why I was saying, its ok to post at the bottom, the world will be fine with it

Can any of jonesy's RT peeps confirm or deny this.  I can't be the only one who sees it

you noticing is not?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:34pm
^wow. and good job at getting in with the Indians.  yes IA they're networks are stronger. i feel like blacks at PWI might be less likely to help whereas blacks at HBCUs are more likely
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lol oh Bunny .

I typed the exact same thing but I meant to quote Derri.
So I edited it and quoted Derri and it landedthe next page.
jones is gonna put me in a straight jacketCry

I'm gonna stop this here so we can get back to the topic at hand.  I'm feeling a lilWacko
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:36pm
Man when I have kids I will teach them to look at the faculty of the school and if there is like barely any minorities (especially blacks) on there then run far far away. I am going to join a Christian Heart organization with awesome people and minority organization and one more. I am infiltrating like crazy lol. This mess isn't easy.
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:38pm
its not about the amount of parents in the home it is about the lessons being taught in the home. the standards that are being set in the home.

however I do agree that disappointments and lack of achievements are given kanye shrugs with the quickness.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:39pm
I notice everything samone, I noticed you vying for my attention several times in the past 24hrs.  You want to do lunch or something?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:39pm

I notice everything samone, I noticed you vying for my attention several times in the past 24hrs.  You want to do lunch or something?

to be honest, you make it easy

and lunch, no
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Chyna_Li Chyna_Li wrote:

its not about the amount of parents in the home it is about the lessons being taught in the home. the standards that are being set in the home.

however I do agree that disappointments and lack of achievements are given kanye shrugs with the quickness.

yes, but why?

you have generations of people that think they can't achieve but so much and that their child will only achieve but so much

for many simply graduating high school is highly celebrated....like someone won the superbowl

Edited by SamoneLenior - Dec 11 2012 at 1:41pm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

to be honest, you make it easy

and lunch, no
LOL good cuz if you said yes, you would've had to pay for my meals, travel, & toll.

Yes I said mealS cuz I'm bringing home some plates for the famBig smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>