Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Single Parent Homes Are Why Blacks/Hispanic Fail

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 20>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:19pm
Socioeconomic status
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

For him to say that it is single parent homes at the center of why blacks and hispanics are doing poorly is ridiculous. It is a complicated issue. Black kids are continuously shafted and told they are either not good enough either indirectly or directly. Texas local channel used to show statistics of how students were doing in the community based on race and black kids were the last every damn time. When the whole damn country has low expectations for you it is very discouraging. 

Also whites and asians have a way better network and system. They help each other out and give each other notes and test material questions. They have a great cheating network going on. All the black students at my school got there on their own accord with stellar grades.

So if he wants to generalize, he should say whites and asians cheat their way up to the top.

idk if that is nec. true. or are black ppl not taught how to network or use the system
i know this black trauma surgeon who said whenever a black resident came through he would tell them call me before you take this and this exam...is it for matching idk...he said in all of his years only one person called him.  he said he couldn't tell them...hey im on the board that asks you the questions and i know what they will ask you and what you need to say.  i might even be in the room. the one person who called him is now a surgeon.

we also talked about bc "we" always have to prove ourselves, we do a lot. he was like "all these white kids doing this you think they're studying? no. they're doing it the way their dads and their grandads did it and have the answers and make it work."  he was like "i always asked. always. in order to figure out how ppl who were where i wanted to be, did it."

"we" have a harder time 1. asking for help/hook up especially when it is from whites bc we're scared and distrustful and don't utilize our networks as much as we could.
we had a thread on the bolded & most said they didn't like asking questions, raising their hand, or staying after class cuz it was embarassing to stick out & their pride just wanted them to blend inThumbs Down

oh did we? it's hard imo. i've always raised my hand and spoken in class but one on one with professors have always made me nervous depending on the professor. and networking can be tough. it's like going on a date. you have to smile, make jokes, find common ground, etc.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

jones....Ermm

just admit itSleepy

I don't know why you think I'd be harder seed to admit a truth.

That is a fact Bunny.
Ppl confuse SES for race factors all the time.

Research it

This is not a personal statement this is something I've learned through research and study
Guurrrll, I'm not disagreeing with you on the SES, I concurLOL

what you aint admitting is ur superstition about being on the bottom.   You do it all the time, nothing is bad about the bottom & dont give me the bs about double posting again.  I'm not buying it.   Come to the light jonesyYing Yang
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:25pm
<--- Grew up in a single parent household.
<----Does absolutely fine in school.

Confused
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:26pm
Huh? Bunny what are you saying?
What's this bottom business I was denying?
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:28pm

jones....Ermm

just admit itSleepy

I don't know why you think I'd be harder seed to admit a truth.

That is a fact Bunny.
Ppl confuse SES for race factors all the time.

Research it

This is not a personal statement this is something I've learned through research and study
Guurrrll, I'm not disagreeing with you on the SES, I concurLOL

what you aint admitting is ur superstition about being on the bottom.   You do it all the time, nothing is bad about the bottom & dont give me the bs about double posting again.  I'm not buying it.   Come to the light jonesyYing Yang

that is why you stay quoting her empty posts?
wuts-rly-good View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wuts-rly-good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:29pm
i grew up in a 2 parent home and i still didn't come out great.minus the music stuff that i didnt have support with,school n everything else i failed at or didnt care for growing up
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I think young black students are judged before they get into the classroom.

And if you have parents that don't give a damn or are working hard to provide they can get left behind.
You couldn't be more right.
Im doing training to become a math teacher at a high need school. One of the topics we discussed at our last meeting was exactly this. Many of these students are deemed to be of lower intellect at the beginning of the school year. In return, teachers subconsciously give them less attention, don't help them as much, and generally don't care about them as much as they do the students that they deem to have high intellect. These students, in return, perform worse.  We watched/ read about many psychological studies on this, it was interesting.

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:30pm
Lol oh Bunny .

I typed the exact same thing but I meant to quote Derri.
So I edited it and quoted Derri and it landedthe next page.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:30pm

Huh? Bunny what are you saying?
What's this bottom business I was denying?
it is sooooo minor, It feels petty even bringing it up.  but all the time when ur post is at the bottom of a page, u edit it out, put a period, then post ur comment on the next page.  It's like a superstition or something.  kind of OCDish.  That's why I was saying, its ok to post at the bottom, the world will be fine with it

Can any of jonesy's RT peeps confirm or deny this.  I can't be the only one who sees it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 20>
  Share Topic