Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Single mom of 4 has her foodstamps cut by 96%

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 9:35am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Baby poop ain't the same as your stinky poop LB.
You do a couple rinse cycles then wash then a rinse again.
Then put then out in the sun to sanitize and whiten.

baby poop is pretty bad
Sponsored Links

indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:15am
chicken nuggets and kool aid? this is what she is feeding her kids? Wtf? I'm sorry, that is unacceptable.

she needs pasta, ground beef, bags of real chicken. I don't care of the kids want nuggets. Cut up real chicken and fry it.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Do they still give families WIC? I know some families with small kids get it for formula and cereal but I'm not sure what the cut off for that is.  I remember back in the day when my folks were going through the struggle we had it. They also gave like beans,rice, fruit,powdered eggs, gov cheese and canned meat BBQ pork and chicken....

Wic has a cut off age at 5 years old I think. You can get it while pregnant and until your kid is 5.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:38am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

she better buy some eggs and plantains
plantains is a quarter each, 2 1/2 dozen eggs at walmart is 6 dollars, bag of rice is 4 or 5 dollar. an 8 oz box of spaghetti is 88 cents. hot dogs is like 96 cents.

you aint gonna make 16 bucks stretch a month, but you can make it stretch. and im pretty sure she is referring to the tyson chicken nuggets you get at walmart not mcdonalds nuggets if that makes a difference.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

I did the rice and beans thing before. It wasn't pleasant.

This has been a staple of my diet for all of my life so I don't see it as being deprived. Gotta love an African-Islander diet. Just about any non-American diet will instantly cut food costs.

Edited by joileprincess - Nov 23 2013 at 10:59am
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Unbelievable! However, she could stretch that $16 until they work out the glitch. It may not be the best food, but a belly full of "junk" is better than nothing. If she hits up the Dollar store she could be okay.

Two bags of rice $2

Two bags of dried beans $2

Two loaves of bread (better use one slice per sammy) $2

Two bags of spaghetti sticks $2

Two cans of Spaghetti sauce with meat $2

Two cans of Tuna $1

One pack of hot dogs $1

Two Jars of Peanut butter $2

One round of Bar S  balongna $1

One jar of Mayo $1

They could eat the breakfast and lunch at school if offered.

Forget the nuggets and drank some damn water while you're at it!

for 5 people, though?
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Baby poop ain't the same as your stinky poop LB.
You do a couple rinse cycles then wash then a rinse again.
Then put then out in the sun to sanitize and whiten.

baby poop is pretty bad
formula and table fed babies
Not breast fed babies
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 8:50pm

For small kids breast feeding primarily would,save lots of money too.
Even if they go too daycare pumping and freezing is an option.

Babies don't need table food for a long long time it's not even good for them
But pumps are super expensive...and you still have to buy storage bags/bottles...etc. If you can afford the upfront cost of a pump then yes, in the long run (if you breastfeed for at least 6 months exclusively) it does save money.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 9:30pm
Baby poo is horrid... its not some lil nugget but a big ole loose pudding of death ughDead. My mom did clothes for myself and the sibs. I know she stopped with them when they were about 10 months.  Those clothes be flooding Dead.  And yo do start to wash more often and buy more store brought just becomes more convenient especially when out and about and trying to change  baby and clean the diaper be4 putting it back in ur bag. 

I like hand washing  but i use the dryer to dry most of the items. Im a fan of the washboard more so than the stick washer. In one of my many homes i imagine myself having the ole timey house will have one of these. My mom use to have one growing up.

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:01pm
this ebt cut has really impacted me...it's like people are shellshocked and ain't tryna sell them stamps anymore.  Disapprove  this better change by Tuesday.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic