Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
IndianHairCompany.com

Single mom of 4 has her foodstamps cut by 96%

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:03pm
lol...my gurl wanted one of those things for her bday when they first came out.  i got it for her but was partially disgusted...LOL

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Nov 22 2013 at 8:04pm
Sponsored Links

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:10pm
I grew up on cloth diapers AND disposables so did my cousins. I remember fondly being sent to the bathroom to wet one edge of the "nappie" i think it would be used as a wet wipe. My coworkers explain that it is a mammoth task to wash the nappies but you do it anyway the hard poo goes in the toilet the mushy boo you can leave to soak. Culturally this was accepted practice until diapers took over (cloth nappies are backwards etc etc )and now I find it hilairious that backwards azz nappies were in again. Cloth= no diaper rash

Best thing for whites is the sun. Not even blue cake soap (which will tint you whites blue) or even white cake soap which keeps them real white.

I remember when my helper would hand wash EVERYTHING. no lie clothes be looking like they just been purchased. then she got lazy SMDH. I could still find a washer woman to really wash the clothes though. I mean these ladies bring clothes back from the abyss!

I hand wash my underwear and certain blouses too. but not with a device like TC but my two fists alone.  Generally Jamaicans will call you nasty lazy and worthless if you put your undies in the washing machine. This has changed over the last say decade and a half though
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:16pm
diane i agree that the sun is the best whitener and sanitizer...if i lived in a all year round sunny environment, i'd definately hang dry outside all the time.  but this here hawk in the chi is no joke...Cry

at one time, i was using a old fashioned wash board and my hands...but it wreaked havok on my hands/nails...so, i couldn't have that...lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:20pm
TC i was gonna say i know you yanks prob. live where you cant hang clothes outside so the sun cant help ya i didnt even remember y'all DO NOT KNOW what real sun is.

I'm in the bathroom now and my mommy JUST hand washed seven new bras and hung them up to drive on the shower curtain LOLOLOLOL In the morning I'm gonna sun mine I abhor the practice of bathroom drying

I started to do my nails so i just bought a pair of latex clothes and washed away. it was awkward at first but i got the hang of it

Edited by Diane (35) - Nov 22 2013 at 8:24pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:22pm
oh and i agree with bringing clothes back to life with hand washing techniques.  i now realize that the washing machine/laundry detergent combo was resulting in so much soap residue being left in the clothes which in turn makes them look dusty/used up and requires the use of fabric softner...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Nov 22 2013 at 8:25pm
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:25pm
I don't care to wash my good jeans in a washer, but jeans are harder to handwash imo than shirts...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:29pm
TC it was such a shock when my helper stopped washing by hand about 3-4 years ago! Clothes and bed lines were so dingy  looking. I think we all use too much soap powde/detergent as well plus i know my machine's gentle cycle is a joke! it still tore up the delicate fabrics.

My mother can wash everything  by hand, she does that with her dry clean only pieces but she's from teh country. I'm a spoiled city kid only undies and blouses for me.

Soaking also helps and i use Ariel detergent leave your items for 20-30 minutes and when you come back everything is out!

KK denim is a heavy fabric so yea it is.

I need a washer womanCryCryCryCryCry

Edited by Diane (35) - Nov 22 2013 at 8:30pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2013 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

eta. nevermind, I would def do cloth diapering. You put the same damned panties on over and over and wash in between. same difference. 

If you took a massive sh*t in your panties, wouldn't you prefer to throw them away though?

SN: how do people wash cloth diapers? scrape the sh*t off in the toilet? throw the sh*t in the washer? rinse in the sink?

I would gag and die, but more power to yall green gals Thumbs Up

IA.

I just found out how cloth diapers really work this year and...no. Just no. I ain't scraping poo from a diaper in a toilet, then washing the diaper in the wash machine or hand washing it. I can barely stand seeing someone elses hair in the bathroom y'all.LOLCry
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:15am
chicken nuggets and kool aid? this is what she is feeding her kids? Wtf? I'm sorry, that is unacceptable.

she needs pasta, ground beef, bags of real chicken. I don't care of the kids want nuggets. Cut up real chicken and fry it.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 23 2013 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Do they still give families WIC? I know some families with small kids get it for formula and cereal but I'm not sure what the cut off for that is.  I remember back in the day when my folks were going through the struggle we had it. They also gave like beans,rice, fruit,powdered eggs, gov cheese and canned meat BBQ pork and chicken....

Wic has a cut off age at 5 years old I think. You can get it while pregnant and until your kid is 5.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Senghori Shells
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819>