Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Since people say lightskinded girls are prettier..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Since people say lightskinded girls are prettier..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 41>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 1.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jimmy_rustle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy_rustle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

jimmy were you alluding to this with your talk about hybrid fitness?

http://vimeo.com/32542998

to bad we cant embed vimeo

i have never seen that video before, i'll check it out later.  it is a fairly well accepted concept in animal and plant science.  Having variation in our genes benefits a population in the long run, i don't think anyone is brave enough to do an thorough analysis on humans at this point.  He/she will get crucified by people that won't even care to understand the work and results.

Based on the opening the only conclusion one can reach from that video is that mixed people have societal benefits that allows them to rise to the top.  i have a feeling it'll support my point. 
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by jimmy_rustle jimmy_rustle wrote:

i have never seen that video before, i'll check it out later.  it is a fairly well accepted concept in animal and plant science.  Having variation in our genes benefits a population in the long run, i don't think anyone is brave enough to do an thorough analysis on humans at this point.  He/she will get crucified by people that won't even care to understand the work and results.

Based on the opening the only conclusion one can reach from that video is that mixed people have societal benefits that allows them to rise to the top.  i have a feeling it'll support my point. 

Genetic variance is generally seen as beneficial from a "natural selection" or biological standpoint. It isn't a foundational principle in the law of attraction. Nice try.
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:33pm
nice vid Ak
i watched the whole thing

I've been wondering why do black American men have such a higher rate of heart disease. 

Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:37pm
I'm sorry I missed the pic and the op
You know I love a good light skin/dark skin thread
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by jimmy_rustle jimmy_rustle wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't really think anybody checkin' for mixed raced folks outside of coon ass blacks. 

True...A white person isn't thinking a mixed race person is better looking than a white person.  I only see this with black people.  White people got so many of us brainwashed.

White people think White people are the most attractive, not mixed people.

This is absolutely not true.  it might seem like that because of the shear number of white people but a large subset of white men definitely acknowledge the idea of hybrid fitness in people.  You've never heard of white people preferring "brasilians" and hispanics?  this is often attributed to their African and Indian mixture.  In fact when an American (black, white, purple) raves about Brasilian women they aren't talking about the ones that look like Giselle or Adriana lima, they are talking about those that are mullata.

I  just stumbled on the quote below on topic that has NOTHING to do with race and attractiveness, it is the opinion of white men discussing basketball upon seeing a picture of Blake Griffin and his parents. 

"People of mixed race tend to usually look good. It's like God's gift for not being racist."

This is not exactly an isolated view and it is most definitely not limited to blacks.  Blacks just want to feel slighted and get mad about something that others take as reality. 

Jimmy, here is the thing. White culture celebrates their own when it comes to their daily lives. But women of color are often celebrated for being exotic. If women of color of mixed genetic backgrounds were the most desired, I promise you, our media would reflect otherwise.

If you google the word beauty in Google Images, guess what race you are likely to find?

If you're not willing to, here's a screenshot:

Rather.. racially homogenous, don't you think?

And let's look at racial marriage statistics when it comes to white men since traditionally, men are the ones putting a ring on it
:

"The increasing popularity of intermarriage. About 15% of all new marriages in the United States in 2010 were between spouses of a different race or ethnicity from one another, more than double the share in 1980 (6.7%). Among all newlyweds in 2010, 9% of whites, 17% of blacks, 26% of Hispanics and 28% of Asians married out. Looking at all married couples in 2010, regardless of when they married, the share of intermarriages reached an all-time high of 8.4%. In 1980, that share was just 3.2%"

Hm. 9%. So.. white males were the least likely to marry out. Where is this large amount you spoke of? If marriage is too far of a step, let's use a dating site as a platform. OkCupid!

Seems rather informal, but behind these accounts are people of all walks of life navigating this website solely for the sake of finding attraction and love.

http://readwrite.com/2009/10/05/white_guys_suck_other_insights_from_okcupid_study

A part of this study visually represented the immediate reception of men and women of all listed races through noting the percentage of a reply.

For men sending messages to women,

So other than noting that women are picky as hell as we can see by the highly red table, we see that white men have the most positive reception to women of all listed races. (Also lol at black women being the most receptive to black men and being the most open interracially)

Now when we look at the table of women sending men messages and the likelihood of a reply,

Aha! Look at the white male's column. He is the least receptive to women of other races, especially black. The online white male seems to be more receptive to Middle Easterners possibly for being perceived as exotic but for the most part, the white male's receptivity statistics are low.

I will not deny that there seems to be a hierarchy of racial beauty which is disturbing and I do not support it since I feel it relies on pure ignorance, but we're living in a white supremacist society that actively celebrates its own.

Do you want to know why some white people feel mixed blacks are better? It's because the black has been "improved by white" in their eyes. The mystique of black blended with the familiarity of white.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by ChubbyYeti ChubbyYeti wrote:

So one quote represents all white people.  And the quote is saying mixed people looked good, not mixed people are more attractive than white people.  You can keep spewing your self hate, but I only see black people talking about how mixed people are so attractive and look better than everyone else.  And I'm not saying that white people don't find mixed races attractive, it's just that they don't consider them the ideal beauty in their eyes above their white race, especially the sterertypical slim, blond hair, blue eyes.

Exactly! Jimmy's view is clouded by his own view of beauty. If one takes an objective view, Whites prefer Whites, other races prefer their race with "Whiter" features. Jimmy will suggest that the fact that White men have the highest rate of interracial marriage is reflective of an outsize preference, but the majority of Whites (well over half) marry other Whites. The media, fashion, and standards of beauty that are perpetuated are a White standard. Asians are at most, exoticized or fetishized, and the "Black standard of beauty" is held to a mulatto or mixed standard.

Yep
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:09pm
Yea the OP looks...well....

Where is the original pic?
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:11pm

We used to be able to. Since the feature to embed flash videos was removed, we cannot embed most videos that do not utilize the TUBE link format. Ouch
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

Jimmy seems too intelligent for BHM...He sets his thoughts up very well!  Impressive whether one agrees with him or not.

I like you foxy but please

GTFOHWTBS

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

nice vid Ak
i watched the whole thing

I've been wondering why do black American men have such a higher rate of heart disease. 

fugging all those white she devilsLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 41>