Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

SimplYounique big chops again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SimplYounique big chops again
    Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:14pm
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10570542_712300868846007_8854695626500575812_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10455178_699543670121727_7230825475220007733_n.jpg?oh=d774eb08601bb365308327d54c6c2e82&oe=547A750B

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10356202_712300345512726_92527717058544823_n.jpg?oh=6830d16675e09b10d54c3293c37bc2bc&oe=545F29B6

I mean I know its just hair, but sometimes I get confused why the numerous big chops some people do

Edited by JamCaygirl - Aug 19 2014 at 9:16pm
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:21pm
whoever she is, she is pretty on both pix.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:23pm
Her makeup is not flattering... at all
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:26pm
i saw her hair was relaxed...i wonder if that  was why

now i remember why i hate bhm...it's hit or miss posting sh*t

Edited by femmefatale85 - Aug 19 2014 at 9:36pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Her makeup eyebrows is are not flattering... at all

fixed!!!!
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:28pm
^^I hate painted on eyebrows with a passion.  Why do women think that look is cute?Wacko
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:34pm
She relaxed it like a month ago - it was waist lenght and now its chopped

My Favorite Natural Hair Guru, SimplYounique, Relaxes Her Hair & It’s Waist Length!

Posted by: Jenell B Stewart July 23, 2014 in Discussions 196 Comments

When I first went natural over 4 years ago, I tuned into many women on YT for styling tutorials and Kerry of SimplYounique was someone that I tuned into faithfully even though our textures are different because her videos were easy to follow, the picture quality was great, and her personality was very relatable.  Watching her videos also inspired me to start making YT videos  because I wanted to be the “Kerry” for someone with my tighter kinky, curly, coily texture.

While going through my hundreds of YT subscriptions today I was super excited when I saw a video from SimplYounique because her last video was over 1 year ago.  When I read the title of the video my eyes opened WIDE “Relaxed Hair Update 2014″ WHAAAT? DID I MISS A VIDEO OR SOMETHING? Usually theres an update after we’ve been told the news, but this was my first time hearing of her being relaxed!

Being a total fan of Kerry’s I understand what my “loves” aka fans go through when I make drastic changes around my hair, like my most recent big chop and then the 2nd chop to make it shorter and then the 3rd cut to maintain the style.  I feel like I know her, she is in fact my friend in my head and for her to relax her hair had me all choked up and feeling some type of way!

From Kerry’s YT Channel, she says

Hi Everyone! This is an update hair video. Life threw a few curve balls my way and I could not maintain the hair prepping, detangling or styling of my hair in it’s natural state. It became extremely time consuming as my hair got longer, so I gave myself two option.. And that was either to cut it all off or to just relax it. I chose to relax my hair for no other reason than for the convenience of it. Unfortunately I have not been taking care of my hair because it is no longer on the top of my priority list. Has my hair suffered? The answer is Yes! Now, I have to learn how to take care of relaxed hair.

Oh and her hair looks really healthy and is very very long. Wow!

Screen Shot 2014-07-23 at 1.23.21 PMScreen Shot 2014-07-23 at 1.23.31 PM

I have no place to judge her because it’s her life and her hair and she can do what she want, but I’m hurt when another positive role model in our community makes the decision to relax their hair and then says they did it because it’s “easier”.  This messaging is what hurts me, not the decision. Do what you want, but own it.  Tell me what you think. Is relaxing your hair after years of being natural because it’s easier a legitimate reason or a cop out?

I can come up with a  few alternatives that I personally would choose to do to my hair instead of relaxing it if my life got too tough and I was having trouble managing my hair.  And actually, the first one I  did do when my life was overwhelming because I was pregnant with my 2nd child, was high risk, maintained a full time job and had a 2 year old son, hubby, and was in the process of buying a house. PROTECTIVE STYLES ANYONE? Anyone with no time knows how convenient this can be. Kerry mentioned that she is currently keeping her hair “in a ponytail, a bun or under a lace front.”  So basically she’s protective styling her relaxed hair. #noshade

Just in case you read that paragraph as judging, I’m going to say it again, I’m not judging her, I’m addressing her reasoning as to why she chose to relax her hair. She said she had no time, right?  If you’re ever too busy to do your natural hair this is another alternative that you can take versus relaxing your hair, why not try a low manipulation style like mini twists that can last weeks or a marley bun which can last at least a week.

And my final option which I tell people all the time, you don’t have to relax your hair to wear it straight.  Heat styling is not foreign to anyone, visit a salon for a blow dry and flat iron and voila. I ask you once again, Is relaxing your hair after years of being natural because it’s easier a legitimate reason or a cop out?

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:39pm
so how do you know if she big chopped? are those pictures at the top recent?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:41pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

^^I hate painted on eyebrows with a passion.  Why do women think that look is cute?Wacko
Some people really don't have eyebrows to begin with so they draw them on. Hers are just very very dramatic.

Relaxing to WL and big chopping to TWA length all within a month...she is making women who live vicariously through her hair mad.LOLLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic