BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silk Tops 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iBetYouhNvNika View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iBetYouhNvNika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2012 at 2:03am
Often silk tops don't seem to lay flatly, why is that ?
Sponsored Links

cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2012 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by cosmogirl cosmogirl wrote:

I have had one silk top which I thought was fantastic but now I'm thinking of bleaching my knots on my next unit. I will post some pics when I can.

My pics are already added in a thread on page 1! Yaaay!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2012 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by iBetYouhNvNika iBetYouhNvNika wrote:

Often silk tops don't seem to lay flatly, why is that ?

Probably because if there are 3 layers of silk, that can tend to make the silk area bulky.  You can request that the unit be made with 1 or 2 layers instead.
aceofspades View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceofspades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2012 at 10:11am
okso i have have owned 4 wigs and bought a silktop in november of 2011 and i must say i was into indian remy but once i decided to get virgin malaysian i will never return to indian . now to the silktop it is the best investment in buyin ur lace wig u can either get a 4x4 or 5x5 or full and i got the 5x5 medium brown to match my complextion (ur scalp is lighter that ur face to always get a shade lighter for ur laces/silktop)the silktop makes ur wig undetectable and it secures the hair and causes less shedding i have my vig since nov and it hasnt shed( few hairs here and there but thast all) the was no bulk of hair coming out of my wig! so im all for silktops idk what else to say so just ask me some questions and ill answer
MochaBarbieDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MochaBarbieDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 6:57pm
I really like silktops. I am looking into purchasing a half silktop wig and was thinking of ventilating some coarser hair in the area where you would have demarcation for a more realistic look, especially since a little coarse hair makes it look more natural. I was also thinking if someone wants a silktop to lay flatter, that they might be able to put something heavy on the silktop area like a weight to flatten it out
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2014 at 11:53pm
Silk top is the best thing ever....I got my first silk top recently and I will never go back to lace. Everyone thought my silk top wig was my real hair.. At first the silk top area will seem bk but you have to set the area' you need to spray it with water create your part and then put it on you mannequin head and put a tight cap over it for at least a day..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic