Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Silk Tops 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MsTiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MsTiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 3:21pm
HugKimmy90 ....Great Thread!!!!!   IMO this is what BHM should be about sharing and helping.  Thank you! 
Sponsored Links

kimmy90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmy90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 4:04pm
Synthetic Silk Top Lace Front Bella Royalty Wigs

kimmy90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kimmy90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 4:21pm
Pictures from SilkBasedClosures dot COM

These are also good pictures to show to a vendor as to how the density on the silk SHOULD be. (Depending on your taste)

Edited by kimmy90 - Apr 04 2012 at 4:28pm
kimmy90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmy90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by MsTiki MsTiki wrote:

HugKimmy90 ....Great Thread!!!!!   IMO this is what BHM should be about sharing and helping.  Thank you! 

Embarrassed
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by MsTiki MsTiki wrote:

IA, great idea OP!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 6:01pm
Superb....Now all we need to figure out is a better way to hide the line of demarcation. Some ladies cut the lace all the way off but im still trying to figure out the transition from the silk top to your skin, it will still be noticeable right?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 6:17pm
Here's one from ChicFrenchy - the pics are gone, but she did provide specs for her particular vendor.  YMMV for density specs depending on your vendor.

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Superb....Now all we need to figure out is a better way to hide the line of demarcation. Some ladies cut the lace all the way off but im still trying to figure out the transition from the silk top to your skin, it will still be noticeable right?

If the lace and silk are an exact match (or very close to it), plus, if you have a few more hairs ventilated into that area where the silk meets the lace, you should be good to go.
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 7:22pm
ThanKs for this post. Just today I was trying to decide whether my next unit will be a silk top. I am new to lace wigs and trying to absorb as much information as possible so that I can make the best decision for me. I currently own 4 units and will likely buy 2 or 3 more with those next orders I am truly debating whether any of them will be silk tops. I've got some reading to do and thanks to you I've a good starting point.
cheche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 10:01pm
322 views, no input. Dang LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>