Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Silk Top Ventilating Mystery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2012 at 7:24pm
This whole thread gave me one big silicone/latex send the friend to China headache ! Geez, what in siliconmix are y'all talking about ?  Should have stayed out.  The first clue was Sexi did some more research, eastside is experimenting and Favor is following up with more information !

Just tell me how to take that damn silk thing OFF my beautiful hair !!! LOL
Sponsored Links

NatachaUnelus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatachaUnelus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 5:31pm
huh?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Celie Celie wrote:

This whole thread gave me one big silicone/latex send the friend to China headache ! Geez, what in siliconmix are y'all talking about ?  Should have stayed out.  The first clue was Sexi did some more research, eastside is experimenting and Favor is following up with more information !

Just tell me how to take that damn silk thing OFF my beautiful hair !!! LOL

LOL

What about trying some Rit Dye remover on the silk to make it lighter?  I think there was someone who had written about dabbing it on instead of actually dipping the silk into the remover, and it worked for her.

ETA to also say that the closer the silk and lace color match, the less the line of demarcation appears to be, but I'm sure you already know that. Smile

Edited by chatnoir - Sep 16 2012 at 7:11pm
purpleredrose View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpleredrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 1:52pm
You can unpick the stitching around the silk top. I inadvertently ended up doing that when it started unraveling once. Then, you pull the silk top up and the unit down, and you can pull the hair through the silk (without damaging it). All you are left with is a piece of wrinkled "flesh toned" material.

p.s: Hi everybody *purpleredrose waves*

Edited by purpleredrose - Sep 17 2012 at 1:52pm
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2012 at 3:04pm
/waves to Purple Smile
XQuiZt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote XQuiZt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 22 2012 at 8:33pm
In reference to the silicon base hair replacement system, the inventor's name is Reginald Dooley, U.S. Patent #3,596,666.  Link:  http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=560&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&s1=Dooley.INNM.&p=12&OS=in/Dooley&RS=IN/Dooley

One minute I think I understand the process and the next minute I'm confused Ermm.

jdrew000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdrew000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 12:32am
After searching the web for days looking for methods of silk top fabrications, all I found were these very threads. There isn't much of information out there or even a detailed photo of finished product. So I tried a few methods on my own.
1) after hair was already ventilated, I tried laying down a material I have on top and picking through it with a 1-1 Asian needle. I did that in the blind. It got a few hairs through of course. At first when there are many hairs to bring from one side to the other every stab with 1-1 yielded a hair. But as you pick through the thickness it becomes apparent that you can't cleanly pick each hair over without spending a lifetime. This method is a bust.
2) variation of method 1, but holding the fabric up, perpendicular to the head block. You can see what you are grabbing better, and assist navigating the hairs to catch on the needle. But this too, is very messy an probably not the right way. There is a"projection" problem with both of these method. That is, hair on first layer ends up going through a hole that doesn't line up on second layer. If you construct a silk op that way, when you pull the hair (during brushing), the top layer ill bunch up. Maybe uniform glue application between layers helps, but still not optimal.
3) I used a long Clover needle threader to "inject" a hair. You have good control of where the hair gets projected to. But speed is an issue. Tried this method from both sides. Pulling a half inserted threader, and pushing a hair with a threader. Both are impractical.
4) yet to try is the method on the patent mentioned. Getting my 1-1 needle through silk layer then ventilate, then pull both hair and "return" back through the silk. In theory this works and is probably the fastest manual method. You do have to commit to the method from the beginning. This is not a retrofit.
5) my husband threw this idea out. Ventilate on the reverse side then add a silk top on the correct side and use some kind of punching needle to make hair go through both fabrics. I don't know how miniature punching needles can get but it needs to be small enough to successfully get through a tight weave of silk.

Someone mentioned in this thread about G0ddess**Lilly (google obfuscation). I contacted her about silk tops and she claims to know the hows on this subject which she would gladly share with me for fifty US dollars :) Should I do it? I don't mind the 50, but I wonder if a) she tells me what I already know or 2) tells me some impractical process that no wig manufacturer would ever use.
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 1:03am
jdrew000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jdrew000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 4:12pm
Loveslace, thanks for that post!!!
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2013 at 11:32am
Great vids!  Thanks LL!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>