Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

silk or lace closure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: silk or lace closure
    Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 4:32pm
which one is better to use for full sew in with no clue?

what hair is better to use with closure wavy, curly, or staight? 

Sponsored Links

Fr3shnFlyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fr3shnFlyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 6:13pm
It is pretty much a personal preference.
There can be "pros" and "cons" about both.

From researching on the boards, I have come to the conclusion that closure beginners should start with lace. Silk can be tricky trying to get the scalp color correct. With lace, you can just apply a fabric under to match your complexion. However, you have to bleach the knots.

For more infornation, I suggest a quick search. There has been similiar topics like this discussed which will probably be of help.

Personally, I have seen more lace closures look more "realistic" over silk ones. I think you should go with that first. It doesn't matter which texture you choose. You just want to make sure that the closure and the hair matches.
Belladonna1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belladonna1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 6:30pm
I agree with the previous about the preference part. I personally prefer silk over lace. With the silk, all you have to do is dye the silk, which there tons of YT videos on how to do it. Afterwards, you have it sewn on. With lace, you still have to dye the lace then you have to find a fabric that will match the lace in order to minimize the grid. No matter how close the fabric matched the lace, I can always see the grids and that annoys the heck of me! I dont think the hair curls pattern matters much when it comes to the closure. You can get whatever you want. For it to look realistic, it mostly based on the constructions and application of the closure.
sexy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 7:05pm
Thanks so much Ladies.

it is not possible to get one that can match my scalp without nothing to them
OneLove1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneLove1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 7:53pm
how hard can it be to dye the silk? can you use RIT dye removal if you make a mistake? is there no going back if you dye it too dark?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fr3shnFlyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 8:18pm
Some people have no problem with matching their tone without dying but most people I know dye their silk to get the most realistic looking scalp. So right now you are looking at lace:bleaching knots, applying fabric or silk: dying (if need be). You will have to bleach the knots for the lace closure unless it already comes that way. 

I have never dyed silk therefore I cannot give you my personal opinion or speak on it. I suggest looking at youtube tutorials  for assistance on dying so you can minimize flaws.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneLove1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 8:30pm
thank you.  I'm leaning towards a silk closure but I don't have an aversion to lace closures and may use them somewhere in my future. i know some are nervous about the grids showing but I think that's because they know to look for them. i think out in public any layperson is not going to notice/nor search for grids ya know?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fr3shnFlyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 8:40pm
I understand.
I will eventually try a silk closure but I purchased the lace because I felt that I wouldn't mess it up as easily as I would a silk closure lol. I messed my order up so it's pu around the entire thing so I have to fix that now! Hopefully it works out because I cannot have my hair looking off for school. Sleepy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OneLove1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 9:01pm
holy crap. I just saw your post on that! who in the world puts the PU round the entire closure? what's the benefit?
Brilaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brilaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2012 at 9:10pm
I personally think lace is just easier to deal with.. it lays flatter and looks more natural to me. But I don't wear middle parts, only side parts - you can still see the "scalp" tho.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>