Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silicon Mix Users
    Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 3:41pm
How does you indian hair (straight, wavy and curly) react to Silicon Mix conditioner? How exactly do you use it? Does make it fluffy and light? Does it add a little texture to your hair? 
My Wag NB is acting very different since I've used this...don't know if I like it yet, I have flyways and it's a little poofy..
Sponsored Links

MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 4:12pm
I got the same results that you had mimi. I never really liked the stuff. It made the hair too soft, which led to poof and frizz...
Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 4:13pm
Yeah today my hair was acting weird, but I was thinking it because all my curls dropped last night..my real hair likes it but not the remi
JazziLady! View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 4:35pm
It's VERY easy to overdose on Silicon Mix.  You have to be careful, especially with Indian textures that are already somewhat soft/satiny.  If you leave it on too long, you will have a limp, lifeless head of hair.  My EPRT loved it but I also managed to overdose with it once when I put the hair in the microwave with Silicon Mix.  Big mistake.  I had to rewash with a Clarifying shampoo.  If you use the right amount, Silicon Mix makes the hair very soft, shiny, and more manageable with great body.  With the EP Natural Body I have now, at first I was thinking I needed to stay FAR, FAR away from Silicon mix because it is very soft, satiny hair already, but I used it last week and kept it on for just a couple of minutes and it turned out great.

Edited by JazziLady! - Feb 10 2008 at 4:43pm
MissIt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 4:38pm

I always thought it was just for tangling weaves, I have heard most people say it works wonders for tangling weaves!!

HTH
Sweet Diva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by JazziLady! JazziLady! wrote:

It's VERY easy to overdose on Silicon Mix.  You have to be careful, especially with Indian textures that are already somewhat soft/satiny.  If you leave it on too long, you will have a limp, lifeless head of hair.  My EPRT loved it but I also managed to overdose with it once when I put the hair in the microwave with Silicon Mix.  Big mistake.  I had to rewash with a Clarifying shampoo.  If you use the right amount, Silicon Mix makes the hair very soft, shiny, and more manageable with great body.  With the EP Natural Body I have now, at first I was thinking I needed to stay FAR, FAR away from Silicon mix because it is very soft, satiny hair already, but I used it last week and kept it on for just a couple of minutes and it turned out great.

ITA with JazziLady. I just like to use it with hair that has tangled or is rough only and even then I like to use a small amount and then I will go back and use more but very carefully. Because when you overdose with that stuff your hair is just not the same.!

Edited by Sweet Diva - Feb 10 2008 at 5:26pm
313mommy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2008 at 11:40am
Just used it before an install on Friday. I shampooed the IH. com virgin straight hair with Dove (blue bottle) and lightly coated the haire with Silicon Mix. I put it in the microwave inside a ziplock for 30 sec. Afterward I washed for about 5 minutes straight in cold water to make sure it was completely rinsed out, then sprayed some Dove leave in on it. I unraveled the bundle and let it air dry. I'm on day 3 with my install and its is beautiful. No tangles, bouncy, shiny and no shedding and I didnt seal.Tongue

I will post pics later on...
MissDarkEyes View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2008 at 11:53am
I always thought the SM was only to used on processed hair, not virgin.
NYLA312 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2008 at 12:27pm

IVE BEEN USING WAG NB SINCE 4/07(CURRENTLY USING SAME 4 OZ FROM THE INITIAL INSTALL) AND I LOVE IT. FOR  MYSELF, BIOLAGE HYDRATING POO AND COND WORK WONDERS. I MAY ADD SOME LEAVE IN CONDITIONER FROM A MAKER CALLED YAKI. ITS A SPRAY FOR WEAVES THAT LEAVES A NICE SCENT AND NO BUILDUP. BIOLAGE DEFINITELY WORKS , ALWAYS LEAVING MY HAIR SOFT AND SILKY.

ILUVHAIR View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2008 at 12:36pm
It works like a charm on "processed" hair. Virgin hair doesn't need such a heavy conditioner.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic