BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Sign Petition to Re-Cast the role of Aaliyah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 3:50am
why didn't they contact the family?  how will they get all this legal stuff settled before the summer is over?

Aaliyah

Family Vows To Torpedo Biopic

49 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0617-aaliyah-getty-01Aaliyah's family is on the attack against "Lifetime" ... vowing to stop production on her biopic.

Lifetime plans to start filming this summer .... chronicling the R&B singer's life and tragic death. 17-year-old Disney actress Zendaya has been cast as Aaliyah -- who died in 2001 in a plane crash.

Aaliyah's uncle and former manager, Barry Hankerson, tells us the family is pissed that no one from the network contacted them about the movie.

Hankerson says the family will block any attempt on Lifetime's part to use any of Aaliyah's music.  He says the family has hired a lawyer and will do everything they can to block release of the flick.

The family is not opposed to a big, theatrical film, but thinks a TV movie is too small for someone as big as Aaliyah.  

We called Lifetime ... so far no response.

0617-zendaya-swipe-tmz-01

See also

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz34ykmbZQk
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 4:23am
They said they want it on a big screen or nuffin'.  Welp...since ain't nobody really checking for a Baby Girl biopic prolly not gonna happen.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 8:13am
I signed. I loved her.

let that chic do the beyonce biopic
Lilaca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilaca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 9:47am
and zeydana or w/e her name is was like 4 when aaliyah died...too young to acknowledge her presence....its not like yaya and whitney where whitney was still alive during her teenage years
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I signed. I loved her.

let that chic do the beyonce biopic
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 10:13am
I think its important for the person playing the role to look like the celeb they are playing...in any movie.

In the Biggie movie...every looked like the person they were portraying... especially Faith Evan's character... 

Mohammed Ali - Will Smith gained weight/body mass to look like him...

Ray.... Jamie Foxx favored him in size and was a strong piano player...

Dorothy Dandridge....Hallie Berry...spot on match in looks and body type

Lynn Whitefield...Josephine Baker....

Eamonn Walker as Howlin Wolf in Cadillac Records (he was the only 1 in that cast that actually favored their character, imo)

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 10:18am
we are talking about the network that had Lindsay Lohan portray Elizabeth Taylor lol we should consider ourselves lucky.  Yaya resembles Whitney but i was hoping for someone more interesting to play her.  maybe she will surprise me.  Zendaya has a lot in common with Aaliyah, unlike Yaya who is not a professional singer.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jun 18 2014 at 10:18am
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 10:29am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

we are talking about the network that had Lindsay Lohan portray Elizabeth Taylor lol we should consider ourselves lucky.  Yaya resembles Whitney but i was hoping for someone more interesting to play her.  maybe she will surprise me.  Zendaya has a lot in common with Aaliyah, unlike Yaya who is not a professional singer.

i think people would've been ok with Jennifer Hudson playing Whitney..than someone who doesn't sing at all. 

I think Jennifer has the acting chops to do the role justice.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:16am
does anyone care about this lol?
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i think people would've been ok with Jennifer Hudson playing Whitney..than someone who doesn't sing at all. 

I think Jennifer has the acting chops to do the role justice.

Jennifer Hudson?
Absolutely not. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon