Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *sigh* White folks raising money to help keep...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*sigh* White folks raising money to help keep...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
freedom76 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote freedom76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

Cool story sis. I was in finance for the Air Force and the military would have busted his butt about that. I mean seriuously.

Right!!!!!!!!!!! The process is an easy one. It doesn't take months at all....unless you aren't handling your business. Hell wives have written letters to Commanders and the Commander would bring in the soldier and make him/her write a check that same day!! Then write the soldier up, send the soldier to finance and make him/her set up an allotment that same day!
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:23pm
This efficient military you guys speak of is not the one I experienced. Sleepy

She is still wrong though. If she was worried about being a single mother, she could have at least consulted him after she had the baby. She could have stipulated that if they broke up, he had to take the baby. She just gave the baby away. I empathize with her, but her actions were so short-sided.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:25pm
Her grown ass wasn't worried about being a single mother. 
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:27pm
"White folks raising money to keep a child that isn't theirs -__-" I'm not sure if I agree with the title of this topic. both the father and the adoptive family is hurting. they obviously have gotten very attached to the baby and are having a hard with the thought of giving her up. the title makes is sound like the situation is their fault when it's the mother's fault.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:28pm
I laughed so hard at that picture

For a while, I thought this thread would be talking about this case because this is the one that's been all over the news

Very similar except the child adopted is "Native American"
Of course the White family is going network to network crying *White Tears*

Dusten Brown holds Veronica in his attorney's office in Charleston after taking custody of her Dec. 31, 2011. (Provided by Dusten Brown via The Post and Courier)

South Carolina Supreme Court Rules to Keep Baby Veronica With Biological Father

Alysa Landry
August 07, 2012

Baby Veronica, a 2-year-old Cherokee girl adopted by non-Native parents in 2009, will remain with her biological father following a South Carolina Supreme Court ruling filed July 26 that upholds the 1978 Indian Child Welfare Act.

The decision means Veronica has a permanent home on the Cherokee Nation, where her family has “a deeply embedded relationship” with its heritage, the Supreme Court ruling states. It also means a victory for the Indian Child Welfare Act and for the Cherokee Nation.

“We’re very pleased with the results,” Cherokee Nation Attorney General Todd Hembree said in a statement posted on the tribe’s website. “This is a victory not only for the Cherokee baby and her father, but for all of Indian Country. The Cherokee Nation has done a great job to ensure the Indian Child Welfare Act is enforced to preserve Indian families.”

The act, which protects American Indian families from being separated, trumped South Carolina law in a Dec. 28, 2011, appellate court ruling. Biological father Dusten Brown on New Year’s Eve took his daughter home to Bartlesville, Okla., a city bordering the Tahlequah-based Cherokee Nation.

Adoptive parents Matt and Melanie Capobianco, who live in South Carolina, appealed to the state high court, arguing that state law strips a biological father’s paternity rights if he does not provide pre-birth support or take steps to be a father shortly after birth. The Capobianco couple adopted Veronica from her birth mother, Christina Maldonado.

Brown, a registered member of the Cherokee Nation and a U.S. Army soldier not married to Maldonado, agreed to surrender his parental rights and admitted that his behavior was not conducive to being a father, the July 26 ruling states. Four months after Veronica’s birth, however, Brown took legal action, seeking custody of his daughter and claiming he did not consent to his daughter’s adoption.

After the appellate court ruled in Brown’s favor in December, the Capobianco couple started a petition on change.org to “consider the best interests of the child.” The Christian Alliance for Indian Child Welfare also joined the battle to keep Veronica with her adoptive parents. The Capobiancos took the matter to the South Carolina Supreme Court in a case that pitted the couple against the toddler, her birth father and the Cherokee Nation.

Seven months after the first decision, however, the high court upheld the December ruling and decided in favor of the Indian Child Welfare Act, though at the same time stated that the adoptive family did nothing wrong.

“We affirm the decision of the family court denying the adoption and awarding custody to the biological father,” the ruling states. Three of the high court’s five justices affirmed the ruling while two dissented.

“We do not take lightly the grave interests at stake in this case,” the ruling states. “However, we are constrained by the law and convinced by the facts that the transfer of custody to father was required under the law. Adoptive couple are ideal parents who have exhibited the ability to provide a loving family environment for baby girl. Thus, it is with a heavy heart that we affirm the family court order.”

Because the case involved the Indian Child Welfare Act, custodial preference had to be given to the biological father, the ruling states.

“We simply see this case as one in which the dictates of federal Indian law supersede state law where the adoption and custody of an Indian child is at issue,” the ruling states.

The decision means much more than upholding a federal law, however, said Terry Cross, executive director of the National Indian Child Welfare Association. The ruling ensures Baby Veronica grows up surrounded by her culture and people and the rights and responsibilities that come with it.

“I can’t say enough about the importance of a child’s rights throughout their lives,” Cross said. “These are things as simple as voting in tribal elections, running for office, taking advantage of tribal scholarships and benefits, participating in customary and ceremony rights, plus their relationships with extended families. It’s about a notion of a sense of belonging. Indian children are as tied to their extended families as they are to their parents. There’s a rich network of culture there, and that’s what we rely on for wellbeing.”

Cross expressed sympathy for the adoptive parents, but said the South Carolina court acted in accordance with the federal law.

“The decision was entirely consistent with the act,” he said. “There’s no question about the validity of the act. The words I would say are that any suffering of the child or of the adoptive family was about the violation of the law and not the law itself.”

“Our hearts go out to the family,” Cross added. “No family should have to go through something like that.”

The Indian Child Welfare Act, designed to stop the large numbers of involuntary adoption of American Indian children by non-Native families during the 1970s, outlines three acceptable alternatives. The most preferred solution is to place an adoptive American Indian child with members of his or her extended family. The child also can be placed with members of the same tribe or with other American Indian families.

Edited by Alias_Avi - Dec 05 2012 at 12:28pm
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

This efficient military you guys speak of is not the one I experiencedSleepy

She is still wrong though. If she was worried about being a single mother, she could have at least consulted him after she had the baby. She could have stipulated that if they broke up, he had to take the baby. She just gave the baby away. I empathize with her, but her actions were so short-sided.
IA, but especially with the bolded.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:30pm
That child looks mixed (part Black), not just "Native-American."
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Her grown ass wasn't worried about being a single mother. 

Yep !

This was an evil evil thing to do.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by JungleDrum JungleDrum wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Awwwww. They look so cute together.

Comment from the article :

" The law is the LAW.  If the husband of a married woman does NOT concent to the adoption it is NOT an adoption, period.  The Frei's KNEW there was NO CONSENT.  At that very moment they should have turned back.

The law is not about fitness.  His rights CANNOT be terminated.  The law simply does not allow for it, period.  The marriage prevents that, period.  He cannot be found to be an unfit parent because HE WAS NEVER ALLOWED TO PARENT by interference of the Frei's.

He was, at the time of birth, honorably serving his country in the military as active duty.  As a result, federal law precludes the courts FROM terminating his rights. He was also able to prove that he was supporting his wife.  he freaking PAID for the birth through his military benefits.

He didn't make contact because the baby's birth was HIDDEN from him and then he was lied to by his WIFE and the ADOPTION AGENCY.

If you cannot read the basic facts as presented, and as RULED ON BY A JUDGE, then there is simply NO HELPING YOU.

Ultimately, the baby's father DID NOTHING WRONG, the baby's mother committed fraud, the adoption agency committed fraud, and the Frei's KNOWINGLY KIDNAPPED a baby.

Learn to read before opening your mouth."

Clap

you are so right, i do adoptions and sitting here now preparing for my adoptions for tomorrow. I can't tell you how many times i hear THIS damn story.. i'm telling you black babies and parents with kids, married or not. if you loose your kids whites are going to take them and adopt them.. they are going to terminate your rights and they won't even let your momma come and get the kids. Its really the thing i'm constantly attempting to help families with but it happens WAY TOO MUCH.. its draining me even reading this thread b/c its true and he's lucky that the judge even went his way at all. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by yahya yahya wrote:

"White folks raising money to keep a child that isn't theirs -__-" I'm not sure if I agree with the title of this topic. both the father and the adoptive family is hurting. they obviously have gotten very attached to the baby and are having a hard with the thought of giving her up. the title makes is sound like the situation is their fault when it's the mother's fault.

They only had the baby for a few months before the father got in contact with them. 
I don't feel sorry especially when they knew there was a change he'd contest. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>