Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *sigh* White folks raising money to help keep...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

*sigh* White folks raising money to help keep...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:34pm
i feel bad for the wife kind of. 
like i know what she did was illegal... but he left her with nothing. Disapprove
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:34pm
They already have a little Black boy, and why want a little Black girl too? I appreciate their openness, but there are tons of children (maybe not newborns) that need good homes. Why don't they adopt those babies? They need to go ahead and give this man his baby back.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:34pm
So they got in contact with him with the adoption petition and he intervened at that point?
If they don't stop and give that baby to him. 
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:35pm

How it all began…

Creating a family had always been our highest priority, and had always come easy to us until we tried to have our fifth child.  We knew that we were not done having children, but after years of sudden infertility and several miscarriages, including burying a tiny, perfectly formed little baby boy in the early spring of 2008, we discovered somewhere down the line that Kristi had advanced endometriosis, and would not likely conceive or carry another child again.

Between 2007-2008, we could feel our hearts being drawn to the idea of adoption like never before, and by May of 2009, we had the great fortune of adopting our little boy, James.  This was an experience that moved our entire family.  We were so very blessed, and our life was made so much richer through the miracle of adoption! 

Still, in the months and years that followed, we could not ignore the seemingly ever-present feeling that one more child was waiting for us.  We felt more and more impressed that one last little girl would round out our family circle and provide James with a close, similar sibling.

So we moved forward with great faith, and put everything on the line to follow this persistent feeling—a dream that had been revealed literally to the mind and heart of Kristi, early in 2007.  Since that eventful day, we have, as a family, come to know that this dream was a righteous desire blessed to fruition by God, and that Leah would be that child—and yet, little did we know the challenges and trials that awaited us in finding and fighting for this little girl.

Leah’s birth mother, Tira, was married and living in Texas in 2010.  She was trying to hold her marriage together, but in her seventh month of pregnancy, her husband left her without any money, a car, or details of his whereabouts.

Needing to act quickly for the best interest of her unborn child, and with incredible faith, fortitude, and courage, she put her child up for adoption.  She had been studying the adoptive parents’ profiles at the adoption agency, and, as a devout Christian, had been praying over them for weeks—but nothing felt right.

Amazingly, within minutes of our completed home study arriving at the agency, which finalized our application, Tira was hand-delivered our profile. She said she knew immediately that we were the family for her child. She called us right then, and told us through grateful and abundant tears that she felt completely drawn to our family, and confided that she felt she had almost seen in a momentary vision, as it were, her baby seated perfectly in the center of one of our family pictures.  Bottom line: she felt with all her heart that her baby girl should be part of our family. 

Within a matter of days, Tira delivered Leah on March 1, 2011 at the Mountain View Hospital in Payson, Utah, and per her request, we were again blessed, beyond words, to receive Leah into our arms moments after her birth. 

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •

The father intervenesErmm

Several months later, we were able to track down the birth father to serve him with our adoption petition.  To our great shock and dismay, he objected to our petition and intervened to stop the adoption.  Over the last 19 months, despite the law requiring that a father show interest in his child and at least attempt regular communication to establish a bond, the father has never shown any interest in Leah other than to hire an attorney (which he is not paying). 

He has never sent her clothes or toys, or even a gift on Christmas or her birthday.  He’s never inquired into her health and well-being. He hasn’t asked for pictures or other details like when she started crawling, walking, talking, or cutting her first tooth. In short, he hasn’t shown any of the natural affection or interest of a parent.   But because the child was conceived in wedlock, he can object to the adoption, forcing us to trial to terminate his parental rights.

On top of two already expensive adoptions (each costing around $25,000)—and though a difficult financial burden, we were prepared to face the sacrifice of those obligations—we are forced now to incur approximately another $30,000 in attorney fees for a two-day trial at the end of this month (October 24-25, 2012) at the
Fourth District Court in Provo, UT.

We never could have imagined we would be in the kind of dire situation we find ourselves in at this time.  It is with strained hearts and deep humility that we send this letter to our dear friends, family members, and associates.  It is almost impossible to have to say the words, but we are in need of help and are seeking to raise $30,000 to cover the legal costs to fight for our daughter.  We have exhausted every other resource to help aid us in this financial trauma, and sadly, are still not anywhere near what we will need to climb out of this hole.

And so we are asking… If you find that you are in a position to offer any amount toward helping us cover these expenses, we cannot convey to you the gratitude, appreciation, and tender mercy we will hold for your offering.  Truly, any amount will help.  
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

like i know what she did was illegal... but he left her with nothing. Disapprove

Thank you. I thought I was the only one that felt bad for the mother. Cry
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

He didn't leave her.
He was sent to SC for work...he's in the military I assumed from the OP.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

They already have a little Black boy, and why want a little Black girl too? I appreciate their openness, but there are tons of children (maybe not newborns) that need good homes. Why don't they adopt those babies? They need to go ahead and give this man his baby back.

they probably wanted the black boy to have a black sibling so they could talk about black stuff
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:37pm
I wonder what happened to make the mom think she was going to be a single mother. 
browneyez4548 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote browneyez4548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

they probably wanted the black boy to have a black sibling so they could talk about black stuff

Pretty much. Not those exact words, but it's in the article somewhere LOL
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:38pm
I'm wondering how ya'll are getting that he left her with nothing. He left for a job he didn't leave just to be leavin' her. From what I gather she's the one who up and disappeared.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 19>
  Share Topic