Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Sh*t I Hate About Weave Gurus on Youtube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WhitWhit86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhitWhit86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by kandyse1988 kandyse1988 wrote:

Yes girl all over IG got their bigcartel website and all promoting the free hair you selling

Yup saw that today!! And I agree with your list!
Sponsored Links

pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 9:04pm
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2013 at 9:49pm

I'm glad I seen this thread... I agree with every last post ... But I def have a list

1) I hate when a guru talks about hair they got for free and said its great hair, then something negative happens with them and the company... Then they come back and say how the hair is sh*tty etc etc... Then why should I trust everything u say?

2) I hate when they sell hair they received for free... Like how dare you.. u didnt work hard for it but u willing to sell it to someone who supports you, subsribe, and follows you everyday hard earned money? Some gurus I respect, and some gurus I don't.

3) personally I don't like when gurus say they are not affiliated with the company and next thing you know they have a vlog up about their time at the studio taking professional pictures and then you see them on the website and not only that but the company sends them almost every texture they have... So y am I not supposed to think your affiliated.

4) omg I also dislike when they tell u to rate comment and subscribe and they asses don't respond to a comment... The damn notification shoots to the e mail in their phones, so they can never take the time out to thank you... No some just never have giveaways... But steady want you to do for them that they do t do for u... Most of us know, how to curl and flexi rod now.. So what is new that they can provide nothing..

Overall it's just sad they way this hair game is used for exploitation from the gurus to the AV's that sell that aliexpress hair for a 100 percent up charge.. Ppl hard earned coins are not nothing to play with... And to add they steady doing these reviews but still purchasing remy hair because they know never a day in their life would they pay 400 for 3 bu does of long length hair

mhmm.

Edited by brittsemone - Jun 14 2013 at 9:50pm
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 1:25am

Yes girl all over IG got their bigcartel website and all promoting the free hair you selling

Yes girl I saw one poison YTber do this and I was like WOW really? why not just give back to your subscribers and host a give away or if you gonna sell it why sell for damn near the price of some new hair.

Edit: I get the whole charging for reviews because at the end of the day it's business and some companies make a lot of money off of them, BUT selling hair you either get for free or you were paid to review is just Lame and tacky.

Edited by GphiD08 - Jun 15 2013 at 1:28am
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 7:14am
The topic is the truth!

Also sometime those weaves are busted and poorly installed.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 8:18am
Someone please educate me:

Isn't it against FTC rules to say that you are not affiliated but turns out that you are affiliated with said company?
GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 8:29am
Nars this article pretty much gives a good overview for FTC rules and reviews, but in short the answer is yes.

http://diannej.com/blog/2012/05/new-ftc-rules-on-writing-reviews-affiliations-and-sponsored-posts/

Edited by GphiD08 - Jun 15 2013 at 8:31am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by cocopuffs cocopuffs wrote:

Gurus with some shakey azz hand held camera that I need dramamine to watch the video. They are usually hollering at the top of their lungs, "Hey youtube, is ya girl xxx, I'm comin' atchoo wit... Get thee to a tripod store!!!

oh my gawd is that like in the Youtube handbook or something?
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 10:48am
Originally posted by iChinaaBanks iChinaaBanks wrote:

Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

I agree with this 100%!!!

But the newest thing that gets me is them setting up online stores and taking the hair that THEY got for FREEEEEE... and selling it for 2-3 hundred dollars !!!!

Like wth its used and your going to charge regular price ?! Their subscribers eat it up though like its holy hair or something *rolls eyes*

Im not hating.. thats busineas I suppose . But still people go dumb stupid over some ffreaking hair!

And its not even just weave gurus lol its make-up gurus as well... *cough* tymetheinfamous *cough*
......charging people to even view your website when we can watch the same damn videos for free on youtube 

Oh dnt get me started about tymetheinfamous I'm subscribed to her and I just like the make up tutorials other than that she kills me with them Valencia rose extensions she be wearing then she with that "omg this is the best hair I ever had" line she be hitting her subscriber with... Like she doesn't really try any other hair but yet that's the best hair u ever had.. but trust if Valencia rose wasn't giving her that hair for free she would not buy 5 bundles of that Valencia rose..

And speaking of Valencia rose didn't someone purchase her hair based off of this guru and she posted pics of it.. nd she paid like 500 for it and it had aliexpress written all over it lol.. its crazy in this world with these gurus.

GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2013 at 10:53am
I would venture to say tyme gets paid from valencia rose.... She has her own separate page on their website so she must get a commission based on sales (like an endorsement deal)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
  Share Topic