Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sh*t I Hate About "Weave Gurus" on Youtube

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Nigerian_princess Nigerian_princess wrote:

Regarding the gurus that include the "discount code", so that means that they ARE affiliated right? Even though they put the disclaimer at the very bottom that they aren't?

Yes ):
Sponsored Links

NemaBee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NemaBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 1:29pm
And is it me or are they constantly rotating their uparts/weave ?
How can you possibly give an honest review on the hair if you are only wearing it a few days at the time ?
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by NemaBee NemaBee wrote:

And is it me or are they constantly rotating their uparts/weave ?
How can you possibly give an honest review on the hair if you are only wearing it a few days at the time ?
EXACTLY
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 9:46pm
I have seen comments "disappear" that are constructive criticism  or like the other poster (informing the "guru" about the origin of the hair). I agree with all of the above and would also add 2 more very irritating pet peeves of mine:

Gurus that don't ever answer their subbies or other viewers' comments/follow-up questions but are constantly BADGERING, "Don't forget, thumb-me-up, rate, comment and subscribe."

Gurus with some shakey azz hand held camera that I need dramamine to watch the video. They are usually hollering at the top of their lungs, "Hey youtube, is ya girl xxx, I'm comin' atchoo wit... Get thee to a tripod store!!!

Edited by cocopuffs - May 10 2013 at 9:48pm
*SkolarStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *SkolarStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 10:46pm
I just want to say I'm so glad I found BHM. I'm considered the hair "guru" amongst my friends (and I hate being called that because I consider the ladies here to be the true gurus) and whenever I hear one of them say, "I saw some good reviews for this hair on youtube. I think I'm gonna get it." I just yell "NOOOOOOO! Never Ever EVER EVER EVER go with youtube reviews. They get that ish for free." I feel like I'm doing someone a disservice if I don't say something. Those girls are evil when it comes to hair reviews. But angels when it comes to styling. LOL
ShiznitNumber1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 4:47am
Originally posted by cocopuffs cocopuffs wrote:

I have seen comments "disappear" that are constructive criticism  or like the other poster (informing the "guru" about the origin of the hair). I agree with all of the above and would also add 2 more very irritating pet peeves of mine:

Gurus that don't ever answer their subbies or other viewers' comments/follow-up questions but are constantly BADGERING, "Don't forget, thumb-me-up, rate, comment and subscribe."

There is one YT self proclaimed guru that I do not like too much. Reasons:

Her attitude is really wrong when she makes her videos.

Like you said coco, usually no help when people comment (I wanted to YT email her for help and she kept beating around the bush - basically no) but we must "rate comment and subscribe"? Subscribe for what? The ability to what your videos that are the same as everyone elses BUT you offer no additional clarification on what you do? Censored please

Always the same thing every time... new hair, new weave, new closure, company xyz blah blah blah. Why not keep that weave/u part/ closure wig/ full lace ON for minimum several weeks. Treat it as you would any hair and see how it holds up THEN do an "update" review perhaps?
She never does update reviews on hair she "buys".

I thought the secrecy about hair and our "tricks" were a thing of the past! We are a community (not BHM I mean in general) that all enjoy wearing hair. Black, white, asian, indian whatever, if we have done something right/wrong we should still inform people. Its that whole problem with "getters and takers". I find it a little upsetting at times.

Makes me glad I am a part of the BHM community. I feel at home here Smile
Nigerian_princess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigerian_princess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 6:32am
brittsemone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsemone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:17pm
I agree. Kind of hard to believe a "final" review when they've only worn it for a few hours a day for a week.

Edited by brittsemone - May 11 2013 at 2:29pm
ShiznitNumber1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by brittsemone brittsemone wrote:

I agree. Kind of hard to believe a "final" review when they've only worn it for a few hours a day for a week.

Well... I would like to know what hair they got!

I think they should do videos after installation but stick with that hair for a 1 month to 2 months (that seems reasonable as a period of testing quality right?) then doing another video.

Either:
1) video made includes initial installation review + 2 month update (so 1/2 is 2 months old and the other half is new, recorded couple days ago).
2) one video on initial review and later an update video on the quality.

The problem is the people this post refer to do the least (in theory) informative reviews and NO update or test on quality. Therefore, potential customers are uninformed and unaware of the details that are most important. I wouldn't call this false advertisement but more like NOT doing the REVIEW as NORMAL reviews work...

Nobody reviews a mobile phone to say, oh it looks pretty... yeah its so pretty... smooth and scratch free [end of video] LOLCryLOL
miiszjanae View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miiszjanae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by GphiD08 GphiD08 wrote:

Yes, Yes and Yes to everything mentioned ESPECIALLY them reselling FREE hair for $200+ I mean really??? but I can't even blame them it's the silly people who buy it that allow them to continue doing it.

This is hilarious!! One Youtuber said she didn't pay for the hair but she spent her time wearing the hair, answering questions and editing videos so she can sell it for whatever price she wants.Dead
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic