Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Should Weight Be a Dealbreaker?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 59>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.22  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pebbles251 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote pebbles251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

[QUOTE=ms_wonderland] i'm all about being honest during conversations like this so i don't fault you for that buttttttt it does kinda seem like you're gloating...as if maybe she was the hot one of the group before she gained all the weight.

I dont agree that she is gloating....however, I think she use the word friend not bestie...thats a difference. I have chicks I hang with who we call each other friends but honestly i would not ride or DIE for them. I have real bestie that I love dearly and would never talk about. But if she gets fat and not comfy in her skin I would try my best to help her.

Edited by pebbles251 - Jan 07 2014 at 10:02am
Sponsored Links

pebbles251 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pebbles251 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by pebbles251 pebbles251 wrote:

LMAO at this thread. I cant.....yea she wrong for not upkeeping her body. Some people get too comfy when in a relationship. I had a chit chat with a newly engaged couple last week at dinner about the same thing...I was trying to tell her not to get too comfy wearing her grandma night clothes to bed every night.
Then low and behold her fiance jumped in and said " I hate that overall thing she wears to bed every night". I asked if there was at least a hole in the crotch and he said no...I took one look and her and shook my head.
Yup he put a ring on it so she feels no need to dress sexy or at least give him some easy access to the pum pum.

I am not saying she should be in a fly away/ baby doll every night but good lord please throw away the
rabbit jumpsuit and grandma night gowns.

Pebbles Those jammies are super comfortable. My hubby hates those things too. I hate the silky stuff. Slipping and sliding all up in the bed tryna reach the damn pillow. No Ma'am. Special occasions only!!!

Thats what she said.....she love them.. I told her put a big hole in the crotch.
hehe
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:06am

Man she missed out on her wedding/marriage opportunity. She should've said yes at that time and had a wedding later while riding hard on that Nordic track. I feel bad for her...really I do but this is something she had control on and it was in her hands and power to do so. I guess the guy just got tired and thought she would get even bigger.

Princess is right she really needed to work on herself 1st. She sounds depressed.

If I were her I would pick my big self up and hit the gym, weights and everything and hope and pray I run into my ex and he sees the new me in my size 36-25-40. How can you be with someone for 13 years and not be married? I no understand mami. I guess its a culture thing cos Nigerians I know are not engaged for more than a year. Anything after that year people would tease you and say you're the cow he got for free.

Correct.

Got the milk without having to buy the cow. Milk for free. Duh!:(

I would never live with a guy (unless it's temporary like we are just saving for the wedding and selling our respective houses etc ... so that we could join forces in the next 6 months.)

But just shacking up ... never - you give away your power.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 07 2014 at 10:07am
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:06am
Grandma nities can easily be removed if the occasion arisesCool
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i'm all about being honest during conversations like this so i don't fault you for that buttttttt it does kinda seem like you're gloating...as if maybe she was the hot one of the group before she gained all the weight.

That's how it sounds to me too .. like she's kind of happy her friend .. got fat. :(

What's that new term? 'frienimies'?

I didnt bring up weight, her man issues, his leaving or none of that. Being skinny doesn't make you hot IMO. Before she got there the girl who asked the fateful so "how you doing since your man left" had took a diet pill with her water. That was fake to sit up and say love who you are while you asking me can I get you some Phentermine from my aunt who is a DR. Ouch 

I gave her a buddy pass for my gym since she said she wants to workout, if she never goes how is it something I did wrong? I workout, I dont rub it in her face. I have texted her about it and she said she is busy with work. Shrugs shoulders.
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:17am
Only thing I disagree with is you clowning someone you call a friend so easily.  The Resputia comment was messed up.  It's almost as if you don't care one way or another and the situation is entertainment for you.  To answer the OP, I don't think you're wrong for wanting to encourage her to lose weight and I do think weight can be a deal breaker when the attraction fades because of it.  I just think maybe you could have approached the situation differently.  I get you have a bold personality & hell, I ain't mad at you for it but maybe reconsider how you approach things with her if you still want to help her.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Only thing I disagree with is you clowning someone you call a friend so easily.  The Resputia comment was messed up.  It's almost as if you don't care one way or another and the situation is entertainment for you.  To answer the OP, I don't think you're wrong for wanting to encourage her to lose weight and I do think weight can be a deal breaker when the attraction fades because of it.  I just think maybe you could have approached the situation differently.  I get you have a bold personality & hell, I ain't mad at you for it but maybe reconsider how you approach things with her if you still want to help her.

K Camille she didn't call her friend that. The thief stealing the milk called the cow Rasputia. OP only repeated what the thief said. I'm team OP. I would want my friend to tell me if I looked a hot mess then we would join forces and all work out together. I'm team happy home.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:23am
I must be weird, but a friend is a big deal. Kind of like the word love. I don't throw those words around, so if i'm calling you a friend, i'm treating you with love (whether you are a 'best friend' or not)...and love just don't do the shiesty ish described in here.

Edited by Derri - Jan 07 2014 at 10:24am
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I must be weird, but a friend is a big deal. Kind of like the word love. I don't throw those words around, so if i'm calling you a friend, i'm treating you with love (whether you are a 'best friend' or not)...and love just don't do the shiesty ish described in here.
this right here...
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:33am

K Camille she didn't call her friend that. The thief stealing the milk called the cow Rasputia. OP only repeated what the thief said. I'm team OP. I would want my friend to tell me if I looked a hot mess then we would join forces and all work out together. I'm team happy home.

I haven't read all the pages in depth but it sounded like OP called her Rasputia in the thread as a joke.  IMO, the way she did it, was like she agreed with the sentiment and thought it was funny hence she repeated it and later informed us the bf said it?  I'm not against OP; I find her likable but I think the manner in which she discussed her "friend" was not at all friend-like, it seemed to be more for entertainment.  The way she describes her friend doesn't sound like something you should say about someone you call a friend, but a random person on the street or someone you don't like.  She's not wrong for wanting her friend to lose weight and voicing it but I think it's OP's approach when she brought it to BHM. It's like the topic is an issue but the only purpose is as a joke and entertainment. 

Edited by K_Camille - Jan 07 2014 at 10:34am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 59>