Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Should there be laws protecting mothers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 10:53am
Watch this movie; Profoundly Normal. I used to feel a certain way about mentally unstable people having kids but this film changed some of my opinions.
Sponsored Links

KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Maybe the mentally ill gentleman had a trust fund and someone dressed him nice. Can we please quit saying retarded please? Thanks a bunch.

I might be mistaken but they are not the same retarded is a person with an IQ less then 70 a mentally ill person can have an IQ of 120 but precieve things that the average person wouldn't
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 4:23pm
In Florida, its considered illegal to have sex with a mentally ill or incapacitated person ( of course depending on the affliction and if it effects decision making and reasoning). They view it much like a child, as in the person can't consent. You can face a 2nd degree rape charge.

I don't feel like people should have say so over others wombs, but from personal experience, it does scare me.

There was a mentally ill girl who moved in a property I used to work at work her baby girl. I used to see her walking back and forth with the stroller, and assumed she was going for a walk. We started getting complaints from her roommate that she was leaving the baby unattended in her apartment.

Come to find out she was taking the trash out in the stroller and leaving the baby in the house, on the bed by herself. The baby finally fell off the bed and hit her head on the nightstand.

Police and DCF ended up being called and her family broke her lease so she could go home and they could help the care for the baby.

I saw her about a year ago and she was pregnant again.

Hate to say it, but some people are unfit to have children. I wouldn't go as far as sterilization, because with help of family or a good support system, they could very well raise their own children.

Ish made me sad.

alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alynxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 7:40pm
Cry
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:40am
But if a man has sex with a drunk woman he is wrong, correct? At least a person can choose whether or not to get drunk. So what's up, BHM? It's okay for men to prey on mentally disabled women? Make up your minds.

Edited by SweetNovember* - Mar 25 2013 at 3:46am
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 3:55am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

But if a man has sex with a drunk woman he is wrong, correct? At least a person can choose whether or not to get drunk. So what's up, BHM? It's okay for men to prey on mentally disabled women? Make up your minds.

sweetie I don't think it's okay for men to prey on any type of woman who may be vulnerable in some way.... .But they do *shrugs
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 11:57am
so are we talking about mental illnesses/disorders ie bipolar.. or developmentally delayed? cause i saw  a show where two developmentally challenged got married and were living together, with their folks coming over to help out. they seemed ok. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 12:01pm
I don't understand how people get drunk enough to be incoherent. 
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

If she can't consent to sex due to her limited mental faculties then how is she expected to care for a child??

I'm gonna need to leave this alone because I have strong feeling about child welfare.

One word--Sterilization.

Let me add two words: Human rights, Eugenics. 

It's not that simple.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic