Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 44454647>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

maysay but the fact that the focus is on pennies doesn't make good common sense to me.  that in itself is a waste of resources...imo.  nah...let's focus on the big chips...

To me, every penny counts. Especially if that money could be used to give one more family the food assistance they need.

People were mad as hell here when Governor Brown told some state workers they had to return their ipads because they didn't need them. On the one hand, you could say why worry about 400$? But on the other hand, whether it's 400 dollars or 400 million dollars, waste is waste.

I believe every program has an acceptable error rate or right off cost. To me the cost of assigning more Govt workers, studies, program monitors,developing IT solutions, etc to catch a penny versus assigning the same resources to catch a Franklyn is not the same.

Llloyd Blankfein basically told congress to go screw themselves when he was questioned about why they used bail out money to trade their own assets and make corporate wealth versus using it to benefit the investors. AIG also threatened to sue the government after mismanaging bail out money and awarding executives golden bonuses. The fact that I have yet to see a thread on that but I have seen 50/11 threads, articles, news stories, FB post and so on about EBT show me what we are focusing on.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jan 18 2013 at 4:02pm
Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:02pm
i poofed samone...lol
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:03pm
Yes yes yes Star.

Love it
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

I believe every program has an acceptable error rate or right off cost. To me the cost of assigning more Govt workers, studies, program monitors,developing IT solutions, etc to catch a penny versus assigning the same resources to catch a Franklyn is not the same.

Llloyd Blankfein basically told congress to go screw themselves when he was questioned about why they used bail out money to trade their own assets and make corporate wealth versus using it to benefit the investors. AIG also threatened to sue the government after mismanaging bail out money and awarding executives golden bonuses. The fact that I have yet to see a thread on that but I have seen 50/11 threads, articles, news stories, FB post and so on about EBT show me what we are focusing on.

gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllClap
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I haven't read the past 20 pages so idk what else has been going on in here..

But Flowums, why would you prefer that the government kept the excess refunds instead of someone who has nothing getting a little help?

not keeping, rerouting. 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:06pm

Not to throw shade but...it would be really difficult to have an intelligent conversation about that here on bhm...and frankly only like 5 posters might want to participate in the first place.

I discuss those types of things elsewhere.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:06pm
the only way you guys can give a big eff you to the banks and our governing system is not voting democrat/republican. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

the only way you guys can give a big eff you to the banks and our governing system is not voting democrat/republican. 

I don't agree 3rd party voting is like flushing your vote down the toilet.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:19pm

meh. the tea party is testimony that sometimes throwing away your vote means something. 
we all know the banks control our political system. we are more focused on social issues, and thats why the argument is always focused on the social issues when it comes to fiscal manners. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 4:23pm

meh. the tea party is testimony that sometimes throwing away your vote means something. 
we all know the banks control our political system. we are more focused on social issues, and thats why the argument is always focused on the social issues when it comes to fiscal manners. 
The Tea party was an organized movement that targeted politicians they believed would push their agenda and if that is what you meant then I agree with you. I don't think one person casting a ballot for the Green party candidate while they ban her from the presidential debates will do anything. If the Occupy Wall street people had some focus that movement could have rivaled the tea party but no central focus equals no movement.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 44454647>
  Share Topic