Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

@TC, i don't agree. 

and you know what...i guess i could feel you more if what you were advocating is reducing the loan amt from the perspective that you don't want young people out here in debt after school. 

but i don't get that sense from you.  i get the sense that you think tax payers are somehow burdened with this (student loans) in some extra ordinary way...

let's face it...the economy actually is "stimulated" by these student loans...

i agree with the fact that the economy benefits from loans. 
its a nice deal.

the govt should be cheap IMO. like i said, i only really care about grants. 
and if a student is taking out 24k with a 12k tuition, why give them a little extra? 

i don't really care about tax payers. taxes will be collected no matter what. if anything with the system were trying to facilitate, it should be more. its about how the government tries to efficiently disburse those tax dollars.  
This the thing with your post they are not based in the facts of the system. The 4 year limit on sub/unsub loans for undergrad is 50k and you can't take out more than about 8k a semester I believe.There is also a cap on pell grants per a semester which I believe is 3 or 4k and there are regulations for state grants that if you have a scholarship or your grants exceed a certain amount it is refunded to the state. Everything you are saying is a non issue.

Edited by stardaqueenb23 - Jan 18 2013 at 1:23pm
Sponsored Links

Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:22pm
So who been in here spitting that HOT FIYAH while I was away?

Summary?
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:23pm
because letting people borrow money that they will never give back is part of the reason why we are in this mess. banks freely giving sh*t out to people that they know don't have a steady way of paying it is dangerous. grants are suppose to be used in order for students to NOT have to take out excess loans. 

its a hyperbole wonderland. 
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

You don't have to believe it because it is not true. Newt Gingrich came up with that theory to appose the Clinton tax hike bill in the 90's and rallied business owner/republican legislative support. Most did not think like this before then, Raegan raised taxes like a MOFO.Just partisan economic theory being regurgitated by blacks who want to seem "enlightened."

it goes back further than the 90 and you do know that it was the unions who pushed for that legislation, right? not a politician but unions for the sole purpose of justifying higher wages for the top earners. and  but according to you, it's not true. ok then.

jr.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:25pm
I tried to find where it says taxpayers only pay 10 cents on the dollar toward foodstamps. Which mean we barely pay anything toward that program. So what I think is that we should leave the poor people alone and go after things that really matter. Like the people in Congress getting paid out the a$$ and never do any work, among other things that are more important than trying to force the poor to live on rice, beans and water!
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I pay taxes...Uncle Sam does not play about getting his money.

But I actually don't mind paying taxes...I was one of the people that voted to add extra taxes in november so we can try to balance our budget here in california. I just don't want the money wasted.

I actually would want a federal living wage to be established (along with public health care and really comprehensive public transportation system) and then there would be almost no need for these types of programs in the first place. And I'd pay more taxes to make that happen.

I agree! I actually don't care if my taxes go to provide foodstamps period. If I have to pay a little extra so a family can eat then so be it, but I don't think certain people should be eating steak and shrimp when others are struggle to pay taxes and eat top ramen. Regulating what they can buy is still the same as giving them food. They already regulate by not allowing hot food so it's not like they don't know how to do it.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:27pm
its not a non-issue that students take out more money than needed for tuition and the cost of living. 
i know students at state schools who get more loans than needed even their tuition is at about 5k. 

lets not forget that students might get school grants (which some schools match the amount of pell grant). with all of this assistance, it really is an issue that students choose to go that route. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:27pm
The schools have a cost of living for each student...and your loans can't surpass that.
If tuition is 12k you still have books, food, room & board, transportation and fees to pay for Flow.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:28pm

because letting people borrow money that they will never give back is part of the reason why we are in this mess. banks freely giving sh*t out to people that they know don't have a steady way of paying it is dangerous. grants are suppose to be used in order for students to NOT have to take out excess loans. 

its a hyperbole wonderland. 

they have to pay it back.  if they ever work then they have to pay it back.  it cannot be discharged in bankruptcy either...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

The schools have a cost of living for each student...and your loans can't surpass that.
If tuition is 12k you still have books, food, room & board, transportation and fees to pay for Flow.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 51>
  Share Topic