Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 47>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

flowing...financial aid says it's for "books, transportation, room and board, etc"

everyone can't use computers at school.  most working students don't have time to stick around writing papers on campus.

then where will they write their papers? they don't have an hour to spend using a school computer? no days off? excuses. 
from what i understand they offer book money too right? 

room and board is usually included in tuition (for dorms). if that is the case and they are using it for an apartment instead of a dorm it makes sense.

but a laptop and a car? lol. no. stop playing. 

a refund is just that, excess money given to you. this costs money, people going to school costs money, but some are getting basically paid for it. if they ask you to pay for your own car, or stay on campus instead of an apartment... thats not a big deal. 

an hour?  have you ever written a 12-15 page paper before?
the refund is supposed to go towards books, yes.

everyone cant live on campus and all colleges don't have dorms.  your tuition is also higher if you live on campus so financial aid won't be enough anyway.  you'll still need loan money before you see any refund.  a college student now has no choice where they rest their head at night? jesus.

every college is not in a transit heavy environment...if someone gets out of class at 2 and has to be to work by 3, it's not always manageable unless you have a car.  who said it's new?  a lot of college students aren't rollin in brand new cars.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 18 2013 at 11:28am
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

business owners complain when minimum wage is raised.  when sf raised theirs from 7 something to 8 something to 9 something now to 10.24 there were complaints and resistance everytime from business owners.  they say it kills jobs.  

LMAO it does. It's an added cost of doing business.

Employees are the most expensive asset a business has.

yeah, so i notice.  funny how regardless of the cost of wages, employers are always trying to replace people with machines or just force reg employees to extend their hours.  it really doesn't matter whether minimum wage is 10 dollars or 7.50...there will be complaints.
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Financial aid will only cover classes pertaining to your degree
Hell I need a laptop I work I don't have time to sit at the school all day
You say that now until laquesha bring her 5 bad ass. Kids to the campus because she can't find a babysitter

this is true.
all college students can benefit greatly from a laptop especially those who work around their classes.
financial aid does cover all your classes if they are taken at one school.

i've dealt with students that are taking 12 hours at their main school and 3-6 hours at another school(for various reasons) and they have to pay out of pocket.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:30am
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

You say that now until laquesha bring her 5 bad ass. Kids to the campus because she can't find a babysitter

this is true.
all college students can benefit greatly from a laptop especially those who work around their classes.

i've dealt with students that are taking 12 hours at their main school and 3-6 hours at another school(for various reasons) and they have to pay out of pocket.

on top of that, a ton of courses require you to have frequent internet access just to keep up with the curriculum.

i have a professor now who made us all get some online based program that costs $90.  professors assume that their students have 24/7 inet access and if you don't you're shyt out of luck.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jan 18 2013 at 11:33am
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:34am

Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

this is true.

on top of that, a ton of courses require you to have frequent internet access just to keep up with the curriculum.

i have a professor now who made us all get some online based program that costs $90.  professors now assume that their students have 24/7 inet access and if you don't you're shyt out of luck.

you are 100% correct.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:43am
i couldnt imagine going to school without a laptop... 

there is just too much work to do. and like someone mentioned, there are online components to most classes these days. Hell in my past math classes you HAD to do the math homework online. 

i couldnt imagine it without a car either, but that isnt really a necessity imo. 
however, i feel like if they are low income enough to receive grants, why not use what you can to help make your college years easier? it is tough as hell out here for college students. not everyone has parents that will take care of them, and some are parents themselves. 
i would much rather students spend money on cars than gucci bags and other less useful things. 
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:45am
Not everyone has the luxury to have parents that can pay for things. I see no problem with a refund. And yes a laptop is needed these days for school and work. lets not be ridiculous. in addition, some people have to work and go to school so a car is a necessity depending on where your live and what your needs are.

Edited by Spokenword - Jan 18 2013 at 11:46am
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Wages will go up if we get rid of min. wage

no, they lower along with everything else. also, more jobs would be available

jr.

Edited by Junior Jr - Jan 18 2013 at 11:49am
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:49am
My refund check payed for ALL of my expenses including daycare. Getting EBT and WIC came in handy when I was making minimum wage
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:51am
My university required every student to have a personal laptop...every class had to have an online component
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 47>
  Share Topic