Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:59am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Originally posted by Lhdc2011 Lhdc2011 wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

No.
Quit trying to police the poor.

If you're worried about tax dollars being wasted look up not down

Clap

yes. why does it matter to people what others eat. Does it feel better knowing your tax dollars are paying for healthy food? i highly doubt it. and actually alot of hard working, tax paying people are living on fs.

of course not...fake azz wannabe concern...that's all it really is...

exactly!

I guess it's easier to try to take away from the people who have less, versus confronting the government officials committing corruption...because after all they are the ones telling us it's the people less fortunate who are leeches on the system. Sleepy
Sponsored Links

whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Cow's milk is gross anyway.. no human should be drinking it Dead

I didnt mind the drug test idea to much... but the details about the process was unclear

Cow milk is for baby cows.
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

nah, don't overhaul anything.
Someone's kid needs some $200 Jordans and their nails done..oh, and some skrinps and steak for their baby daddy.

Keep the party rolling!

When I read comments on threads like this is always reminds me of that thread where everyone was riled up because some White professor that did a study about how Blacks encourage each other to fail, or something like that.

I think the public assistance system should be similar to unemployment, you have to put in/contribute in order to get something out.

I grew up poor, but expecting others to take care of me and the kids I chose to create was never instilled in me.

We all can go thru tough times but it's a damn shame when the ppl that have been busting their azz to work and go to school to elevate themselves most times can't get assistance when they need it but across town, the chic that hasn't done ish with her life but lay on her back and get knocked up, repeatedly, by some trifling dude gets all the help she needs.

Guess I'm obviously in the minority for caping for the ppl that I feel DESERVE help.

eta, good Lawd, I knew I was sleepy when I typed my rant, but my spelling and syntax was off the chain!LOL meh..you get the idea. Assistance should be for people that are at least TRYING to change their situation. People w/out enough pride and desire for self suffiency/parasitic mentality disgust me. "Y'all owe me." gtfohwtbs. And yeah, the goverment bails out big businesses and the military wastes money, yaddi yaddi but I don't see that ish every time I go to the grocery store.

Tell it sista!!!
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:45am
Very little of what we eat is designed for us in mind.  Luckily, our bodies break down everything into the same components.  We shouldn't be drinking a lot of milk because it's high in saturated fat.  
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:48am
can we give free rations of water per household?  that'd be nice.  water should be free until you use a certain amount.  yesssssssssssssssssssss free water movement!!

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:50am
California especially has a drinking water crisis building.

Californians aren't too far from that being a reality

Edited by jonesable - Jan 18 2013 at 10:51am
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:50am
AA,
I dont understand it either.

Just called my friend, there's a new subdivision of low income housing in the A that charges $429 for rent in for a 3 bedroom 2 bath and a $560 for rent for a 4 bedroom 2 bath.

The rent that you pay is put down towards your ownership of the home.

She said the subdivision is extremely nice. Two car garages, ceramic tile etc...

Security. No Loud Music. They're building a swimming pool and they have an onsite daycare that is free to those who inhabit the subdivision.

Programs like these help to promote and sustain ownership and it gives people the help they need in order to move forward and create a better life for their children.

Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

if you really think about minimum wage 
and think about how much an apartment cost a month
groceries cost
a phone bill
light bill
car payment
water bill (if you have it)
health insurance
day care if you have kids
hell some people just don't make it
they really just don't 

I posted something about this, you can't live on minimum wage

ironically the mandate of minimum wage is why one cannot live on it. it needs to be done away with.

jr.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

why doesn't the gov take away fin aid refunds? 

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to ask

You do realize a lot of people use financial aid refunds to pay for classes the aid won't cover
some of my friends use it to buy new laptops
some people use it to buy a car
I don't care
If you not one of the evil mutha*&%^$#@Eas in the one percent
Than I ain't trying to stop your hustle

lol what?
thats money refunded after it pays for your tuition. 

why wouldn't the government for the class? 
they have free computer access at almost all schools, nobody NEEDS a new laptop or a new car. 

people are always complaining about the one percent. but thats basically all they will do. 

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:09am

now I will say get that computer, car or pay rent with the refund

that is the most responsible thing to

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair