Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:15am
can a sista get some section 8 though?
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

We're all gonna be on rations soon enough though. If you aren't in the 1%, you might want to start getting that stockpile ready.

Milk is 6$ a gallon. Fed min wage is 7.80$.

The 1% is not interested in actually creating any jobs that pay a living wage and the purchasing power of a dollar dwindles every day. Between the cost of housing and medical care...better get comfortable with rice and beans.

I know how to farm... Im str8

I thought this also, until a damn white man on a truck who works for the government came around and told a few of my neighbors they could not grow a garden because they weren't zoned for it. He also tried to make them get rid of their fruit trees
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:36am

Do you guys think people should be on welfare for their whole life? I always thought there should be some type of program or something to help people gradually be able come of it and support themeselves but, idk. That would be really expensive.

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:39am
no, people need to be allowed to grow their own sh*t. Most people are too lazy to do it these days anyway though so i dont see what the big deal is. I could understand not being able to sell your home grown produce but growing it for personal consumption should be allowed
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

no, people need to be allowed to grow their own sh*t. Most people are too lazy to do it these days anyway though so i dont see what the big deal is. I could understand not being able to sell your home grown produce but growing it for personal consumption should be allowed

Check your state laws and see
that man straight up told those old people they needed a license
I know a lot of old people now grow small gardens in potted plants
y'all going after ebt dollars?
You are not on top of your political game
the government is taking away your damn rights and making damn sure you can't fend for yourself
Ebt should be the last of y'all worries right now
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

why doesn't the gov take away fin aid refunds? 

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to ask

You do realize a lot of people use financial aid refunds to pay for classes the aid won't cover
some of my friends use it to buy new laptops
some people use it to buy a car
I don't care
If you not one of the evil mutha*&%^$#@Eas in the one percent
Than I ain't trying to stop your hustle
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Check your state laws and see
that man straight up told those old people they needed a license
I know a lot of old people now grow small gardens in potted plants
y'all going after ebt dollars?
You are not on top of your political game
the government is taking away your damn rights and making damn sure you can't fend for yourself
Ebt should be the last of y'all worries right now

Pretty much
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote iGotSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:00am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Do you guys think people should be on welfare for their whole life? I always thought there should be some type of program or something to help people gradually be able come of it and support themeselves but, idk. That would be really expensive.

There is a limit.

There is a program. Right now it in the beginning stages and is geared towards the elderly and disabled on section 8.

They are helping them own property in nice neighborhoods.

My aunt just bought a house in a nice neighborhood for 92k with the help of Section 8.
All she had to do was raise 5k for the downpayment and each month she has to put $100 into an escrow account that cannot be touched. The money can only be used for repairs on the house. (ie a plumbing problem or whatever)

I think this a good thing. It breaks the cycle of poverty, locates them to better neighborhoods and they have something to leave to their children/grandchildren.

They also had to go to 4 classes to learn how to be a responsible homeowner etc..

Also it's sad that you all think the majority on welfare are just sitting on their ass. That's so not the case. My mommy works in social services. Many are people with little to no education working minimum wage jobs and need the extra help.

Having them line up for rations? Really? You think they get paid leave? Most of them will be at work. They cannot leave a minimum wage job to stand in line for food. Many of them work just like many of you work.

It's sad that you all have bought into the elitist view of what welfare is.

Edited by iGotSunshine - Jan 18 2013 at 9:08am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:06am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

How do we tell people what to major in without over-saturating the job market at some point down the line?

everyone will not do well in a stem major

ain't that the truth, alot  of my friend dropped my major
they said it was too hard
lazy bastards Sleepy
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 9:11am
Thanks iGotsunshine!! very informative! I didn't know any of that! I just hope people are getting the help they really need.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 51>
  Share Topic