Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 47>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SweetNovember* View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

nah, don't overhaul anything.
Someone's kid needs some $200 Jordans and their nails done..oh, and some skrinps and steak for their baby daddy.

Keep the party rolling!

When I read comments on threads like this is always reminds me of that thread where everyone was riled up because some White professor that did a study about how Blacks encourage each other to fail, or something like that.

I think the public assistance system should be similar to unemployment, you have to put in/contribute in order to get something out.

I grew up poor, but expecting others to take care of me and the kids I chose to create was never instilled in me.

We all can go thru tough times but it's a damn shame when the ppl that have been busting their azz to work and go to school to elevate themselves most times can't get assistance when they need it but across town, the chic that hasn't done ish with her life but lay on her back and get knocked up, repeatedly, by some trifling dude gets all the help she needs.

Guess I'm obviously in the minority for caping for the ppl that I feel DESERVE help.

I agree. As long as there is that crutch why strive to earn a better living? After all we need someone to operate the drive-thrus at McD's or ring us up at Walmart. It's a setup.
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

No.
Quit trying to police the poor.

If you're worried about tax dollars being wasted look up not down

Im not reading this thread right now, but this x1019282273. Let them pick out what they like to eat.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:59am
There's no way to legislate giving a damn.  Some people just don't care, rich and poor.  Making low income people go through all sort of hoops because it makes some people feel better would be wasted energy and yet another struggle for people who do what they're supposed to.  It's not that serious to me.  I'm still much better off not being able to qualify for assistance.  I'm not at all envious.  I don't have to worry about people scrunching up their faces at my grocery cart because they don't approve of my choices.  I can buy whatever I want at any point in the month.  If I've had a sh*tty week and inappropriately seek comfort in food, I don't have to eat ramen noodles 9 days in a row to make up for it.  I'm good, thanks.       
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

There's no way to legislate giving a damn.  Some people just don't care, rich and poor.  Making low income people go through all sort of hoops because it makes some people feel better would be wasted energy and yet another struggle for people who do what they're supposed to.  It's not that serious to me.  I'm still much better off not being able to qualify for assistance.  I'm not at all envious.  I don't have to worry about people scrunching up their faces at my grocery cart because they don't approve of my choices.  I can buy whatever I want at any point in the month.  If I've had a sh*tty week and inappropriately seek comfort in food, I don't have to eat ramen noodles 9 days in a row to make up for it.  I'm good, thanks.       

totally agree..
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:13am
some of these comments are really disturbing...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:15am
can a sista get some section 8 though?
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

We're all gonna be on rations soon enough though. If you aren't in the 1%, you might want to start getting that stockpile ready.

Milk is 6$ a gallon. Fed min wage is 7.80$.

The 1% is not interested in actually creating any jobs that pay a living wage and the purchasing power of a dollar dwindles every day. Between the cost of housing and medical care...better get comfortable with rice and beans.

I know how to farm... Im str8

I thought this also, until a damn white man on a truck who works for the government came around and told a few of my neighbors they could not grow a garden because they weren't zoned for it. He also tried to make them get rid of their fruit trees
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:36am

Do you guys think people should be on welfare for their whole life? I always thought there should be some type of program or something to help people gradually be able come of it and support themeselves but, idk. That would be really expensive.

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:39am
no, people need to be allowed to grow their own sh*t. Most people are too lazy to do it these days anyway though so i dont see what the big deal is. I could understand not being able to sell your home grown produce but growing it for personal consumption should be allowed
AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:46am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

no, people need to be allowed to grow their own sh*t. Most people are too lazy to do it these days anyway though so i dont see what the big deal is. I could understand not being able to sell your home grown produce but growing it for personal consumption should be allowed

Check your state laws and see
that man straight up told those old people they needed a license
I know a lot of old people now grow small gardens in potted plants
y'all going after ebt dollars?
You are not on top of your political game
the government is taking away your damn rights and making damn sure you can't fend for yourself
Ebt should be the last of y'all worries right now
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 47>
  Share Topic