Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:23pm
If I don't have enough money to feed myself and my kids
someone is willing to give me grocery money every month
the only stipulation was I had to buy actual REAL food

Flip it.

I'm giving someone money every month to help pay for groceries, but I want to make sure they are using the money I give them to buy real food and not candy, sodas, and other body rotting things.

I don't see the problem.

Don't want to buy/cook real food, then don't take the assistance.

BTW: Seeing people buy buggies full of banquet meals only bothers me because I'm a semi-health enthusiast not because I feel like I'm paying for it.
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:28pm
oh brother.
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 11:39pm
I'm not okay with rationing though. Just restrictions like they have on alcohol and cigarettes. Maybe just put a limit on how many things of low nutritional value you can get.

It could push more grocers and farmers market to low income areas.

In a perfect (non corrupt) world it could work.

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:30am
nah, don't overhaul anything.
Someone's kid needs some $200 Jordans and their nails done..oh, and some skrinps and steak for their baby daddy.

Keep the party rolling!

When I read comments on threads like this is always reminds me of that thread where everyone was riled up because some White professor that did a study about how Blacks encourage each other to fail, or something like that.

I think the public assistance system should be similar to unemployment, you have to put in/contribute in order to get something out.

I grew up poor, but expecting others to take care of me and the kids I chose to create was never instilled in me.

We all can go thru tough times but it's a damn shame when the ppl that have been busting their azz to work and go to school to elevate themselves most times can't get assistance when they need it but across town, the chic that hasn't done ish with her life but lay on her back and get knocked up, repeatedly, by some trifling dude gets all the help she needs.

Guess I'm obviously in the minority for caping for the ppl that I feel DESERVE help.

eta, good Lawd, I knew I was sleepy when I typed my rant, but my spelling and syntax was off the chain!LOL meh..you get the idea. Assistance should be for people that are at least TRYING to change their situation. People w/out enough pride and desire for self suffiency/parasitic mentality disgust me. "Y'all owe me." gtfohwtbs. And yeah, the goverment bails out big businesses and the military wastes money, yaddi yaddi but I don't see that ish every time I go to the grocery store.

Edited by Cream1970 - Jan 18 2013 at 8:02am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:36am
This is interesting really.....
I'm starting to see what type of society you all want. 
You'd regret it though.
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

nah, don't overhaul anything.
Someone's kid needs some $200 Jordans and their nails done..oh, and some skrinps and steak for their baby daddy.

Keep the party rolling!

When I read comments on threads like this is always reminds me of that thread where everyone was riled up because some White professor that did a study about how Blacks encourage each other to fail, or something like that.

I think the public assistance system should be similar to unemployment, you have to put in/contribute in order to get something out.

I grew up poor, but expecting others to take care of me and the kids I chose to create was never instilled in me.

We all can go thru tough times but it's a damn shame when the ppl that have been busting their azz to work and go to school to elevate themselves most times can't get assistance when they need it but across town, the chic that hasn't done ish with her life but lay on her back and get knocked up, repeatedly, by some trifling dude gets all the help she needs.

Guess I'm obviously in the minority for caping for the ppl that I feel DESERVE help.

I agree. As long as there is that crutch why strive to earn a better living? After all we need someone to operate the drive-thrus at McD's or ring us up at Walmart. It's a setup.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:45am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

No.
Quit trying to police the poor.

If you're worried about tax dollars being wasted look up not down

Im not reading this thread right now, but this x1019282273. Let them pick out what they like to eat.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:59am
There's no way to legislate giving a damn.  Some people just don't care, rich and poor.  Making low income people go through all sort of hoops because it makes some people feel better would be wasted energy and yet another struggle for people who do what they're supposed to.  It's not that serious to me.  I'm still much better off not being able to qualify for assistance.  I'm not at all envious.  I don't have to worry about people scrunching up their faces at my grocery cart because they don't approve of my choices.  I can buy whatever I want at any point in the month.  If I've had a sh*tty week and inappropriately seek comfort in food, I don't have to eat ramen noodles 9 days in a row to make up for it.  I'm good, thanks.       
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

There's no way to legislate giving a damn.  Some people just don't care, rich and poor.  Making low income people go through all sort of hoops because it makes some people feel better would be wasted energy and yet another struggle for people who do what they're supposed to.  It's not that serious to me.  I'm still much better off not being able to qualify for assistance.  I'm not at all envious.  I don't have to worry about people scrunching up their faces at my grocery cart because they don't approve of my choices.  I can buy whatever I want at any point in the month.  If I've had a sh*tty week and inappropriately seek comfort in food, I don't have to eat ramen noodles 9 days in a row to make up for it.  I'm good, thanks.       

totally agree..
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:13am
some of these comments are really disturbing...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 51>
  Share Topic