Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 47>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

How do we tell people what to major in without over-saturating the job market at some point down the line?

everyone will not do well in a stem major

Yeah that was my next thing. Not to try to cut ppl down, but alot of people don't have the mental capacity to become engineers & doctors. Most importantly many don't have the passion either. It ain't a smart/dumb situation but everybody cant do that kinda sh*t. Just like everybody can't be a football or basketball star.

I agree

This is the truth. I can point my finger at quite a few people I work with who absolutely hate their job. Aside from the long hours, constant time on the road and way from family, the level of danger associated with the work, the harsh environment (seriously - there are coyotes on the launch pad Confused), constant designing, re-designing, and re-re-designing, engineering takes quite a bit of finesse to succeed. You have to have the personality for it. 

People should major in what they like and hope that that same industry is lucrative in their location.
Sponsored Links

Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:52pm

How do we tell people what to major in without over-saturating the job market at some point down the line?

lol. this is a new frontier too. 
so many different directions you can go w/ a stem major.

right now, no one has to bother themselves with thinking about over saturation in the field. 
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:54pm

You can't. I don't think we should be telling people what to major in but exposing them to certain fields and giving incentives to get a degree where jobs are is important.I do believe we need more STEM majors and there should be more of a focus on them over liberal arts though just because the range of careers for them is more vast. I think teens should be exposed to a range of careers so they can make better decisions in college. There are careers outside of STEM that are hiring that people don't have the skills for as well.

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I just saw that somebody made an EBT app for smartphones for 1.50+. I lol'd.

it displays your balance or something?

shows all the nearest locations that accept it?

Displays your balance I guess. They don't want people to use it because you have to put financial and personal info in.
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

Yeah that was my next thing. Not to try to cut ppl down, but alot of people don't have the mental capacity to become engineers & doctors. Most importantly many don't have the passion either. It ain't a smart/dumb situation but everybody cant do that kinda sh*t. Just like everybody can't be a football or basketball star.

I agree

This is the truth. I can point my finger at quite a few people I work with who absolutely hate their job. Aside from the long hours, constant time on the road and way from family, the level of danger associated with the work, the harsh environment (seriously - there are coyotes on the launch pad Confused), constant designing, re-designing, and re-re-designing, engineering takes quite a bit of finesse to succeed. You have to have the personality for it. 

People should major in what they like and hope that that same industry is lucrative in their location.
industry is lucrative in their location.
This too. I will stay on the east coast because with my major I have yet to have an issue getting interviews for careers in my field. My entire family wanted me to do nursing but after working in a nursing home and hospital in high school I hated it and knew I would have trouble in the midwest doing what I wanted to do so I left.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:23pm
People need to start minding their business....
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 10:49pm
On EBT owns an Iphone and using the application....sounds like a set up to me....
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 1:35am
Scary.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 1:39am
rations???????

wow
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 1:42am

people buying those packaged food products keep workers working at work

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 47>