Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Should the govt give rations instead of EBT?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Topic ClosedShould the govt give rations instead of EBT?

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 47>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 05 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 81954
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Inflation is caused by the government. Stuff is ridiculously high when there isn't even a shortage of it. Milk is 6 dollars because that's what they want it to cost.
 
where? got damn
milk is $3.53 around my way.
 
anywhoo another public official just got indicted on bribery & money laundering charges but yall worried about the poor
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 300728
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:35pm
Thinking back I was really grateful for getting a scholarship that also came with a new laptop.
I didn't even think about needing a laptop entering college for some reason , it was an expense that my parents didnt need to foot the bill for.

I got one for each year.
Thinking about it today I could have flipped that ish.
Back to Top
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 26 2009
Location: md
Status: Offline
Points: 169876
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

Inflation is caused by the government. Stuff is ridiculously high when there isn't even a shortage of it. Milk is 6 dollars because that's what they want it to cost.
 
yup and the only way around inflation is high living
 
jr.
Back to Top
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 12 2010
Location: SC
Status: Offline
Points: 300728
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:36pm
Yeah milk is 3.45 in my beloved
Back to Top
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 27 2010
Location: Fanm Sa Move
Status: Offline
Points: 98207
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

mercy.  so now people who are poor should work 1000% harder in school to compete with students who's parents have more...i see...rolls eyes. 

but they do. 
lots of people work 10000% harder than others to get where they are. 

without all of these subsidies, they would be almost sh*t out luck. 
appreciate what is happening, which is someone is paying almost everything for you. 

whether that be your parents or the government.. you should appreciate that. 
Back to Top
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 05 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 81954
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Thinking back I was really grateful for getting a scholarship that also came with a new laptop.
I didn't even think about needing a laptop entering college for some reason , it was an expense that my parents didnt need to foot the bill for.

I got one for each year.
Thinking about it today I could have flipped that ish.
 
i know a couple that
buys 2 macbooks a semester for low income students
 
i want to start doing something similar
dont know about a macbook tho
Back to Top
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 26 2009
Location: md
Status: Offline
Points: 169876
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

  You have bought in to John Stossel's BS.
 
thanks for the compliment Smile
 
jr.


Edited by Junior Jr - Jan 18 2013 at 12:40pm
Back to Top
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 27 2010
Location: Fanm Sa Move
Status: Offline
Points: 98207
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lol. Refunds aren't a luxury.
Most of the time its from a loan that you have to pay back.
Flow....

i don't care about loans though lol. 
if you're taking loans to go to school, and want to spend 5,000 bucks on a entertainment system ... gon head. most likely you're gonna avoid paying that sh*t back for the rest of your life. 
Back to Top
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2006
Location: southside holla
Status: Offline
Points: 249494
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

mercy.  so now people who are poor should work 1000% harder in school to compete with students who's parents have more...i see...rolls eyes. 

but they do. 
lots of people work 10000% harder than others to get where they are. 

without all of these subsidies, they would be almost sh*t out luck. 
appreciate what is happening, which is someone is paying almost everything for you. 

whether that be your parents or the government.. you should appreciate that. 
 
no one is saying it should be apprecated.  but to say that a person doesn't need a lap top/pc when having a lap top/pc is like a given...seems a bit harsh...


Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jan 18 2013 at 12:41pm
Back to Top
Finesseful View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 04 2013
Location: Kansas
Status: Offline
Points: 38304
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:41pm
6 dollar milk was just an example from something earlier in the thread. Apply it however you want to. 
Back to Top
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 47>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down