Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedShould the govt give rations instead of EBT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 47>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 2.82  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

flowing...financial aid says it's for "books, transportation, room and board, etc"

everyone can't use computers at school.  most working students don't have time to stick around writing papers on campus.

then where will they write their papers? they don't have an hour to spend using a school computer? no days off? excuses. 
from what i understand they offer book money too right? 

room and board is usually included in tuition (for dorms). if that is the case and they are using it for an apartment instead of a dorm it makes sense.

but a laptop and a car? lol. no. stop playing. 

a refund is just that, excess money given to you. this costs money, people going to school costs money, but some are getting basically paid for it. if they ask you to pay for your own car, or stay on campus instead of an apartment... thats not a big deal. 

an hour?  have you ever written a 12-15 page paper before?
the refund is supposed to go towards books, yes.

everyone cant live on campus and all colleges don't have dorms.  your tuition is also higher if you live on campus so financial aid won't be enough anyway.  you'll still need loan money before you see any refund.  a college student now has no choice where they rest their head at night? jesus.

every college is not in a transit heavy environment...if someone gets out of class at 2 and has to be to work by 3, it's not always manageable unless you have a car.  who said it's new?  a lot of college students aren't rollin in brand new cars.

im not good at swallowing excuses. i really can't
if you have a 12-15 page paper, most likely you will be in your library looking up sources for that paper. which means in all likelihood, you will probably still be at the school. all time can be allocated to do the right thing. get your sources, get out. write rough drafts at home, and type it up in school. get an earlier class. get an online class. people are not without options. 

but thats not the point. the point is that fin aid is not money that you earned. these usually aren't merit based scholarships/grants. if the gov't decides to stop giving someone EXCESS money, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:59am
you are so republican flowums 
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:00pm
Y'all have philosophical differences when it comes to government and its role.
Likely wont see the other's perspective.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:02pm
inflation's a bs theory now? alrighty.

jr.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:03pm
I didn't say inflation is a bs theory.

My point is that businesses will always try to find ways to gain leverage.
I've seen the tax thing before my own eyes.

Y'all looking at the abolishment of a min wage with pros in mind only.
There are many cons

Edited by jonesable - Jan 18 2013 at 12:06pm
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:04pm

flowing...financial aid says it's for "books, transportation, room and board, etc"

everyone can't use computers at school.  most working students don't have time to stick around writing papers on campus.

then where will they write their papers? they don't have an hour to spend using a school computer? no days off? excuses. 
from what i understand they offer book money too right? 

room and board is usually included in tuition (for dorms). if that is the case and they are using it for an apartment instead of a dorm it makes sense.

but a laptop and a car? lol. no. stop playing. 

a refund is just that, excess money given to you. this costs money, people going to school costs money, but some are getting basically paid for it. if they ask you to pay for your own car, or stay on campus instead of an apartment... thats not a big deal. 

an hour?  have you ever written a 12-15 page paper before?
the refund is supposed to go towards books, yes.

everyone cant live on campus and all colleges don't have dorms.  your tuition is also higher if you live on campus so financial aid won't be enough anyway.  you'll still need loan money before you see any refund.  a college student now has no choice where they rest their head at night? jesus.

every college is not in a transit heavy environment...if someone gets out of class at 2 and has to be to work by 3, it's not always manageable unless you have a car.  who said it's new?  a lot of college students aren't rollin in brand new cars.

im not good at swallowing excuses. i really can't
if you have a 12-15 page paper, most likely you will be in your library looking up sources for that paper. which means in all likelihood, you will probably still be at the school. all time can be allocated to do the right thing. get your sources, get out. write rough drafts at home, and type it up in school. get an earlier class. get an online class. people are not without options. 

but thats not the point. the point is that fin aid is not money that you earned. these usually aren't merit based scholarships/grants. if the gov't decides to stop giving someone EXCESS money, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal. 

no shade... but have you ever attended college?
these aren't excuses these are circumstances.
you don't research or write papers in one sitting.
sitting in the library for 8+ hours isn't effective.
no student should feel the need to put themselves at a disadvantage when college is all about seizing opportunities...

class scheduling isn't easy. classes at the best times go quickest.

and everything else aside it's not up to you or anyone else to police how students spend THEIR money. most FA comes in the form of loans that they will have to pay back.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:05pm
and who is out here hand writing rough drafts? smh
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:06pm
I wrote 0 papers in the school library....no need when my university had an online database. The only people who went to the library on a regular basis were students who stayed on campus. My uni didn't guarantee on-campus housing after the 1st year so you had to get an apt. Thankfully, runs checks paid fr it or you had to work to help pay for it.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:06pm
Flowing room and board is not a part of tuition. Confused
Room and board is room and board.
Tuition is just paying for classes. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 12:08pm
in MOST instances everything you need is online on the university library's database.  if you need a book you can just check it out of the library.  i'm a history major so the only time i have to sit in the library are archived items and some periodicals.  i bought my own laptop and even if i didnt have one im not sitting in a library for days to write a paper.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 47>
  Share Topic