Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Should I take the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I take the job
    Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 8:52am
Would you take a job as a tutor but everything is appointments.. So if they don't show up you have 15 mins to wait and you can leave, if they don't show  you get paid for half an hour...

And you can't talk to the students you tutor outside of the tutoring room, not on social media, no texting no email NOTHING, cant get them nothing, cant be associated with them

So if at a party you basically need to leave..
Sponsored Links

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 9:06am
I tutor now... children/teens privately tho.

My mom tutored peers in college. She said it paid well and it was through an agency. So, yes, except leaving the party. Her dumb ass gotta go home, she should be studying anyway.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

My mom tutored peers in college. She said it paid well and it was through an agency. So, yes, except leaving the party. Her dumb ass gotta go home, she should be studying anyway.

Yeah exactly it's like a lot of restrictions on ME, i'm the smart one though lol 
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Yeah exactly it's like a lot of restrictions on ME, i'm the smart one though lol 

What age group are the students? Trying to understand how they would fit into your everyday life that you would be restricted. 
_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 9:33am
I Tutor through an agency as well. It's worth it, but I also find my own clients on the side and do other things to make money. I don't plan on staying with my agency long.
I think that rule is so that they don't worry you'll recieve payments "under the table" so to speak. How often do you see the people you tutor around? If alot, that would suck. But if it's not that much, I don't see any reason to turn down the job.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Princess_S Princess_S wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

What age group are the students? Trying to understand how they would fit into your everyday life that you would be restricted. 
bribby is a college student.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:45am
Is it something you'd enjoy? Something you do well? Something that pays you well?

If so, then do it.

What are the odds of you and the students you tutor running in the same circles? How baldly are you trying to talk to them outside of tutoring? It's the practice of maintaining a professional boundary.

I'd take the gig without hesitation. *shrug*
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:48am
If I see them at a party , they better keep it moving. Why they at the fish fry anyway and they cant do their math problems?

I would take the job, the rules are just so you wont poach their clients....
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:52am
do you have other job prospects? Offers you're considering? Do you need money?

If you don't have a better alternative lined up, go with it and keep your eyes peeled for better

nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

If I see them at a party , they better keep it moving. Why they at the fish fry anyway and they cant do their math problems?
I'm sayin
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

If you don't have a better alternative lined up, go with it and keep your eyes peeled for better
This too. don't feel like because you took a gig you have to stay with it. Nothing wrong with looking out for other opportunities.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic