Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Should I Relax? (PIC HEAVY) Semi Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
syncerelyhis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote syncerelyhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should I Relax? (PIC HEAVY) Semi Update
    Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 1:54pm

Hi Ladies!!!

I know I have been M.I.A for a while (almost 2 1/2 years) and I have not posted in forever. Some of you guys might remember me (hopefully)...... But I have a serious hair decision to make and there is no way I could go without asking my hair board ladies.

Should I relax my hair?

This full head of natural hair is crazy and takes forever!!! From my past history and all of you beautiful relaxed girls, I am sure I can maintain it! But I am hesitant to lose my curls..... 0

Either way...I'm back! (and looking for a challenge to join)

Background - I had started transitioning to natural for one year already when my official journey began in December 2007. I was able to get my natural hair to waistlength in December 2010 (still had about 4in of relaxed ends).

COMP

Currently

I have been HORRID my hair. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. (Trust me you can tell by my ends).... I have gotten back on my old regimen as of yesterday.....but my hair is now completely natural and a little past MBL (with some straggly ends to waist length) when straightened. I dont have any relaxed hair left.

TwistOut

Wash N Go

Starting Length

Front Pic

Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:32pm
whhhhyyyyy

would you want to relax that after all that work to get it natural...no child. It might be hard, but do your protective styles and if and when you want to wear it straight, do a light blow dry & flat iron.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncerelyhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 2:49pm
lmao! Jewelsnyc thats a great video clip....

thank you though
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 3:03pm
no one can really give you the answer, you already know what it takes to grow hair.  if you like being natural and being able to say youre natural is important to you then stay natural and pay for a salon once a or twice a month to give yourself a rest.  if you just want versatility, like switching from curly to straight and dont care if you are relaxed or not then texturize.  if you dont want to deal with none of that mess and sick of this natural life and just want bone straight tresses then relaxLOL

either way we miss you and you need to get back here and stop acting like you dont love us no moreHug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncerelyhis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 3:31pm
Tatee! hey girl

You are so right....It is hard to make a decision...

Thank you I miss you guys too!!
.hott.pink. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote .hott.pink. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 3:51pm
I have no advice but your hair is gorgeous even with the ends. 
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 4:33pm
Did it take you from 2007 to 2010 to get from apl to wl?

I'm just need to know bc I'm apl now
Origami0508 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Origami0508 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2013 at 5:14pm
I agree with jewels. You should do protective styles and flat iron when you want it straight because it doesn't require much energy, your hair is less likely become damaged due to neglect (unless you are like really lazy and treat it like straw) and you'll still have your curl pattern.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 9:40am
NOOOOOOO. your hair is GORGEOUS.

can you give us your reggie?
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2013 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

your hair is so luscious!! do whatever you feel comfortable with but damnit!!

LOLLOLLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>