Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedShould i cut it?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
UrFutureFavEx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should i cut it?
    Posted: May 04 2010 at 3:27pm
Hello, I am new to this site and am hoping I can find some advice/input into my current problem...

My natural hair color is about a #6. Well, since March 2009 I have been actively applying black rinse by Adore to my hair. So much to the point I was told even after a fresh rinse, my hair has a greenish tint to it... I also actively perm my hair b/c it was very thick and I tend to wear blended weave with a bang. (almost always)

Here is the problem: Due to me doing my hair myself (in college cant really afford going to salon), and using glue as my bonding method, I literally have next to no hair on both of my sides due to the pulling of the glue from the tracks etc. My edges are also super thin and non existent ): I couldnt even try a ponytail if i wanted therefor i keep doing more damage but doing the same style b.c it hides my bald sides/edges. Confused

Im now ready to stop. My hair is so damaged and over processed IDK what to do. I was thinking I should just cut it off completetly bald, (not even a fro) and start from scratch. I know ppl say most times you dont have to go that route but since i have little to no hair on my edges i figured why not.....Atleast then i can be chemical free and go natural...

Is that a good idea? What are the pros and cons? Has anyone went this route?

Please help this is so depressing Cry

Edited by UrFutureFavEx - May 04 2010 at 4:26pm
Sponsored Links

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 3:33pm

I cannot tell you whether you should go bald or not, but I am pretty sure you can fill in those edges.  I think you should try castor oil, other natural oils like coconut, and maybe use a wig as your protective style.  My sister wears wigs (regular ones, not the lacefronts)  and they look cute on her and her hair has grown. 

Her hair literally was pulled out in various places by too tight sew-in weaves, now its very full and thick and shoulder length.  She takes care of her real hair under the wigs and she had never had a relaxer.  On top of the she has SEVERE eczema in her scalp which was causing hairloss as well.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 3:36pm
I was thinking that also, but wouldnt there be a difference in texture b/c the hair that grows isnt processed compared to the hair i still have....you know with the dye, perms, heat damage, etc...???
eboni1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 7:30pm
if you dont mind having short hair then just cut it and grow it back out.you can wear lace fronts in between when you feel like long hair
love_akihsoy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 7:34pm
I've never cut my hair off to the point that I was bald before and I probably never will... it takes mental preparation for that. If you feel like you can handle it then I say do it. BUT you don't have to. Like bella said there are things you can do to fill in your edges (w/ growth aids, castor oil, etc) and wearing wigs is a good idea for while your getting your edges to grow in (tho IDK how hot it is where you are... but I know wigs keep my head really hot!)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 7:47pm
I dont plan on walking around bald if i do it I couldnt even imagine so wigs and caps will be used.

And i know ppl say that you can grow your edges but i'm asking also about the difference in texture.  You know like, the difference between the hair that grows in and the hair that is already on my head which had many chemicals in it.

The hair on my edges would be much healthier right?

also, how do i use the castor oil. by applying it to my head?
babigrl0816 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 8:08pm
Yes, there will be a difference in texture if it grows back in. The new hair will be your natural texture. If and when you relax again then it will resemble the rest of your hair and not as damaged.
xotiffannyxo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 9:45pm

I think you can re grow your sides and your hair. I would suggest you get some MegaTek and stay away from the glue.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 8:19pm
how does the castor oil work? And is MegaTek sold in the BSS?

Also, is it possible to repair my damages hair? i'd really like to go natural...
xotiffannyxo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 6:48am
Originally posted by UrFutureFavEx UrFutureFavEx wrote:

how does the castor oil work? And is MegaTek sold in the BSS?

Also, is it possible to repair my damages hair? i'd really like to go natural...

From my understanding, JBCO really thickens up your hair. I think the main reason why people use castor oil is for thickness.

I dont think Megatek is sold in BSS. I order mine from http://www.doversaddlery.com
mine was 31.85 total and thats with shipping included.

I think it is possible to repair the damages you explained. Your hair will grow as long as you stick to a reggie that works for you and have confidence and patience!Thumbs%20Up
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic